Handgun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
One of my favorites. Old Yeller. Not pretty but she can fight. Love shooting it. Put my own cheap stippling on and a piece of Tape for a front serration. Runs like a top and I shoot it well. I had planned to put as many rounds as possible through it, but the ammo shortage got in the way. Now about 16,000 rds, I can easily put a new grip on it and get it re-blued etc. but actually like it just the way it is.

By my estimate you have spent $4,800 dollars on ammo. Why?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Lol, why? First of all your estimate is off, but regardless, I actually like shooting it and I am a shooting enthusiast not a gun collector. The price I do pay for ammo is expensive for myself as well as most folks these days and as you can see, my round count really came down after the shortage. A couple of posters on this forum have a huge collection of beautiful firearms. Heck, two of those guns would have paid for the ammo I shot. Each to his own.
Why? I own two of those Beretta's, one for carry and the one above for range work . And I am of the belief that if you are going to carry, you should become one with the gun. Train and Practice on a consistent, diligent schedule. Before the shortage I was going to the range on average of twice a week and to my club at least once a month. I can see that might sound like a lot of ammo to your but over time the numbers add up. And Not really a lot of ammo, just a lot of money, even if half your estimate.. Heck, I know many that shoot a heck of a lot more than I do. Lol, I just recently bought a new gun and already a thousand rounds down range with it. Of course that is going to have to come way down in the next months as I cannot afford to continue with that much shooting. But It is new and I want to become one with the gun. The only way I see to do that is shoot often and of course that for me also means enjoyment along the way. It is my hobby, albeit a expensive one. (at least for me).
Small barrel guns like the Nano are harder to shoot than large guns. But I enjoy the challenge of them. And it is a EDC. A carry gun. Why not become the best I can be with it?
Lol, at least I do not own a boat.

PS You and Arizona Man do have a beautiful collection of fine firearms. Thanks for sharing. Love to just view them. I would love to just but one magazine of ammo through them all. I bet they are sweet shooters for sure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well GW you're not too far off. At $294.99 per thousand rounds X 16 that comes to $4719.84. The cheapest I could find is $0.25 a round which comes to $4,000 for 16 thousand rounds. 9mm Ammo | In Stock 9mm Ammunition - AmmoBuy I used to reload but it bored the shit outta' me. I still have all the equipment, powder, bullets and primers for both large and small pistol and tens of thousands of empty shell casings that I've kept over the years in case I want to get back into it. I never throw out my empty brass. However I never sat down and tried to figure out how much cheaper it is to reload.

ammo.com › handgun › 9mm-ammo9mm Ammo at Ammo.com: Cheap 9mm Luger Ammo in Bulk

TulAmmo 9mm Ammo - 1000 Rounds of 115 Grain FMJ Ammunition $359.99 $294.99 24 Reviews 15 In stock now Add to Cart 1000 Rounds 29.5¢ per round Made by TulAmmo CCI

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well GW you're not too far off. At $294.99 per thousand rounds X 16 that comes to $4719.84. The cheapest I could find is $0.25 a round which comes to $4,000 for 16 thousand rounds. 9mm Ammo | In Stock 9mm Ammunition - AmmoBuy I used to reload but it bored the shit outta' me. I still have all the equipment, powder, bullets and primers for both large and small pistol and tens of thousands of empty shell casings that I've kept over the years in case I want to get back into it. I never throw out my empty brass. However I never sat down and tried to figure out how much cheaper it is to reload.

ammo.com › handgun › 9mm-ammo9mm Ammo at Ammo.com: Cheap 9mm Luger Ammo in Bulk

TulAmmo 9mm Ammo - 1000 Rounds of 115 Grain FMJ Ammunition $359.99 $294.99 24 Reviews 15 In stock now Add to Cart 1000 Rounds 29.5¢ per round Made by TulAmmo CCI
I believe he is under the impression that I shot those rounds Post Covid Days. I have only put about a thousand rounds since then. I had stopped at 15,000. Before, I also reloaded and stashed a whole lot of ammo over the years and have friends at my Club that were very serious about reloading and some very expensive equipment. And it always paid to have good friends.
Before covid I was also buying from Target Sports with Free deliver. America Eagle, Rem etc was around $8 a box. (May $10, I will go back and look it up)'
I was buying Tula for $6.46 per box of 50. Somewhere around $136.00 for a thousand shipped to the front door.

I saw the writing on the wall well before Biden the Scum bag took office. I knew a ammo shortage was on the way and well ahead of time, I was reloading and buying ammo from TargetSports. Ammo was coming in twice a week.

Many orders of Buckshot like this one

This is a pre Biden receipt .

·
Registered
247 Posts
I believe he is under the impression that I shot those rounds Post Covid Days. I have only put about a thousand rounds since then. I had stopped at 15,000. Before, I also reloaded and stashed a whole lot of ammo over the years and have friends at my Club that were very serious about reloading and some very expensive equipment. And it always paid to have good friends.
Before covid I was also buying from Target Sports with Free deliver. America Eagle, Rem etc was around $8 a box. (May $10, I will go back and look it up)'
I was buying Tula for $6.46 per box of 50. Somewhere around $136.00 for a thousand shipped to the front door.

I saw the writing on the wall well before Biden the Scum bag took office. I knew a ammo shortage was on the way and well ahead of time, I was reloading and buying ammo from TargetSports. Ammo was coming in twice a week.

Many orders of Buckshot like this one

This is a pre Biden receipt .

I've never ordered ammo on line. When I first got into guns there was no such thing only from the local gun stores and catalog sales, I always bought local and still do. As a regular customer they treat me pretty good and can get whatever I want at reasonable prices. During the ammo shortage some people were scouring the state for stores that had ammo. Fortunately for us regulars we came first. After all as my friend who manages one of the stores commented: "We are the one's that keep the lights on".

Myself I have an RCBS single stage "Rock Chucker Press" and the basics needed to reload all of my pistol ammo. It was fun at first but after awhile it got to be more trouble than what it was worth. Cleaning cases, primer pockets, measuring, trimming them and keeping track of how many times they've each been reloaded. Although I haven't kept track of the exact number. I'm guessing that I've reloaded a few thousand rounds before saying the hell with this. I'm glad I didn't buy a turret press and get further into it as it would be gathering dust. Between cars, guns and wandering off into the desert I've got enough things to keep me busy.

As for Brandon calling him a scum bag is an insult to scum bags. Scum bags serve a useful purpose. Brandon is a corrupt, useless, loathsome swine if there ever was one. FJB

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have special feeling toward Biden, and they are not good. In fact down right evil. I cannot even hardly talk about the man without my blood pressure going through the roof.
Saw this the other day, more from this traitor

The IRGC is directly responsible for the killings of roughly 600 U.S. military members and remains an active terror group, according to a group of 46 retired U.S. generals who publicly urged the Biden administration not to remove the group from the blacklist in April.

My son is serving as a Combat Medic in Northern Iraq as I write this. And the IRGC is their major threat every day. Yes, I dispise Biden, Blinken with every cell in my body.
The whole staff should have been arrested after the Afghanistan tragedy. The Taliban told the IRGC that the weapons they were gifted by Biden would be shared with them, the IRGC to remove US troops from Iraq.
I personally do not Believe that the Afghanistan "Blunder" was a blunder at all. But Planned by this dirty filthy SOB and staff.Taliban Joe is the biggest Threat this Country has ever faced.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have special feeling toward Biden, and they are not good. In fact down right evil. I cannot even hardly talk about the man without my blood pressure going through the roof.
Saw this the other day, more from this traitor

The IRGC is directly responsible for the killings of roughly 600 U.S. military members and remains an active terror group, according to a group of 46 retired U.S. generals who publicly urged the Biden administration not to remove the group from the blacklist in April.

My son is serving as a Combat Medic in Northern Iraq as I write this. And the IRGC is their major threat every day. Yes, I dispise Biden, Blinken with every cell in my body.
The whole staff should have been arrested after the Afghanistan tragedy. The Taliban told the IRGC that the weapons they were gifted by Biden would be shared with them, the IRGC to remove US troops from Iraq.
I personally do not Believe that the Afghanistan "Blunder" was a blunder at all. But Planned by this dirty filthy SOB and staff.Taliban Joe is the biggest Threat this Country has ever faced.

You're not alone.

Just the sight of that arrogant, condescending swine is enough to make me want to puke. Hopefully we'll see the day when he's frog marched off to prison. He sold this country out for his and his families own personal gain. Now he's compromised and dancing to our adversaries tune. That low life m'r f'r is out there on the national stage calling for more gun control laws while his own drug addict son lied on From 4473 in order to illegally purchase a handgun. Yet his cohorts in the media don't say a God damn thing about it? What a buncha' f'n hypocrites of the worst order. You just can't make this shit up? Can you imagine if that was one of Trump's children? They'd be in prison by now as would be any one of us.

I don't know which one's worse Brandon or the racist demagogue that he served as VP under? I can't help but think that he's the man behind the curtain. But the real one's to blame are the mainstream media and those who swallowed all of their bullshit and put those two miserable swines into power. What the f'k were these people thinking? If this country fails we all go down with the ship.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Arizona Desertman,
You mentioned being into cars. What’s in your garage?
For privacy reason's I won't reveal the make or model except that they are two American cars from the mid to late 1930's that I restored to original condition. One is a fully recognized classic car of which there are a little over 20 left. That car was just under $4,000 when new. Which was a lot of money back then especially when you consider that the average car went for around $600. It's a big heavy car with a long hood and dual side mounted spares. Each car had to be made to order. You couldn't just walk in and buy one off a dealers lot. I bought it in 1989 as a running drivable car but it needed a lot of mechanical and paint work. I rebuilt the engine, suspension, and electrical system. I could write volumes about the work that I did to that car and the issues I encountered. However the body and interior was in excellent condition which was my main reason for buying it other than it's look. The paint was cracking in some places and I only stripped and repainted it where it was needed, I still have it. It is indeed one big impressive car.

The second car I bought in 1977 and still have. It too was a running drivable car and I drove it as is until 1985 at that time I did a complete full restoration of the car that took three years of every second of my spare time. Shortly after I bought a 1935 Ford Tudor Sedan that was not drivable of which I also did a full restoration on. But I sold it a few years later as I couldn't stand the mechanical brakes. Yeah, they'd stop the car alright and I'd replaced every single component but I just didn't feel safe driving that car. Especially when you're used to hydraulics, my wife called them "Flintstone brakes". But I wanted to keep that car 100% original.

Before those cars I had a 1940 Chevy Special Deluxe business coupe that I bought from one of my friends shortly after I got out of high school. That was an incomplete street rod, everything was there I just had to finish it. It had a 1970 350/370 LT 1 engine with solid lifters that came out of a wrecked Corvette along with a four speed Muncie transmission and a 12 bolt 4:56 posi rear. I bought that car in 1976 and it was a screamer back then. I could burn rubber in all four gears. Now some of these muscle cars are putting out some 700+ H.P. right off the showroom floor!!! I wish I still had that car and made the mistake of buying that '35 Ford. But I didn't have the room to keep all of them. In hindsight I definitely would have kept the Chevy, I really miss that car.

Yeah I've been into cars since buying my first used car a '65 Mustang 289 2 barrel. When something broke except for machine shop work I'd buy the parts and necessary tools to fix it. I was always into mechanical things from a young age. I used to take my motorized toys apart to see what made them tick. Then at 14 I had a 12 ft. ski boat with a 50 H.P. Mercury outboard both needed work. It was a plywood Champion racing boat that I fixed up and painted along with rebuilding the twin Tillotson carbs and ignition system to get the engine running. During the summer I'd do odd jobs at the marina and a lot of the members gave me some of their left over paint/supplies and of course I got paid for helping out. God I had so much fun in that boat. I was clocked at 48 mph on the water.

·
Registered
863 Posts
My Wife bought this for me as a Birthday present when we absolutely could not afford it. $700.00, might as well been $7,000.00 then. No loan or credit cards, she just managed it. Since then my Birthday's and Christmas present's are sometimes in small but heavy boxes. I went on to more expensive gun's but I value
Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Nickel Tool
Table Wood Road surface Grass Public space

that old six gun the most.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would LOVE to try that out but local ranges not renting it

In my budget range and min. caliber 357mag-45Auto, have tried many, owned many and the EDC tackhammer is ....... MOD.2 45acp 3.3" (SpArm)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts