Handgun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the board of supervisors meeting of which they unanimously voted to declare that Yavapai County will become Arizona's third 2nd Amendment sanctuary. Yavapai County now joins both Mohave and La Paz counties in that declaration. Apache County is also considering this resolution, if they haven't declared it already.

This was the second of two meetings. Both meetings were packed with 2nd Amendment supporters. Although the first meeting drew more of a crowd. I attended both meetings. I believe that the first meeting is what convinced them to declare Yavapai County as a 2nd Amendment sanctuary instead of a watered down proposal. The second meeting was for the final vote.

By declaring sanctuary county status sends a strong message to state and federal legislators of the county's commitment to uphold the 2nd Amendment rights of its residents. The overwhelming majority of those who had a chance to speak because of time constraints spoke out against proposed "red flag" laws at the state and federal level. At this meeting out of about 40 people who spoke, only 3 were opposed to both measures. At the first meeting the same 3 spoke against us, out of about 100 who had a chance to speak.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Congratulations to Yavapai County. Seriously we all should take the time to change the laws in our own backyard. Good to get involved on any local level. Good luck and job well done.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations to Yavapai County. Seriously we all should take the time to change the laws in our own backyard. Good to get involved on any local level. Good luck and job well done.
Thank you! Hopefully the movement to declare counties and municipalities to declare themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries will grow nation wide.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good job, and thank you for standing up for our rights. What are the chances for Maricopa county?
You're welcome!

Maricopa county? I don't see it happening any time soon. I take no pleasure in stating that. But that's no reason to not try. Mostly because of Phoenix with its large Hispanic population that tends to vote Democratic. However the suburbs surrounding Phoenix are Republican. Scottsdale, Mesa and the West Valley are the pretty Conservative. I was surprised that Kyrsten Sinema won Flake's senate seat. However there never was much difference between the two. You'd better believe that a shitload of out of state money will come pouring in on Mark Kelly's behalf to take Martha McSally's senate seat. Maricopa County is almost evenly split between Republicans and Democrats they voted 48% Republican and 45% Democrat.

I'm in Yavapai County which is pretty Conservative about 63% voted Republican, 31% Democrat. Mohave County is the most Conservative in the state 73% voted Republican, 21% Democrat. So it's no surprise that Mohave County was the first to declare itself a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. La Paz County voted 67% Republican and 26% Democrat. Most of Apache County is on the Indian Reservation and voted 62% Democrat and 30% Republican. I was surprised that they are now considering 2nd Amendment sanctuary status. They are Arizona's poorest county.

I would urge all Arizona residents that believe in the 2nd Amendment to consider joining the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AZCDL). They were instrumental in organizing these events and getting the troops out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts