Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have a resident knowledgeable Winchester Md. 94 lever action person on the board? I've recently acquired a Win. Trapper .44 mag carbine with a small loading issue. When loading the tube, if you push the cartridge past the loading gate, you cannot push the gate open again to load another round. It loads fine if you leave part of the previous shell out and push the next one in with it...................?? Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Can't help with your problem Charlie but had to let you know I am jealous that you got a new toy and I didn't. :numbchuck:

We need a picture and range report you know. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You should be able to just push it harder. There's a little bit of let off when you let the gate close. The bullets in the tube move about 1/8" past the the gate toward the action. The gate is cut in a "U" shape at the end though, so you should be able to push it down. Try it with just your thumb. It also just may be stiff being a new gun. I have a Marlin that does the same thing. You just have to get... um... "Western" with it.

Hope that helps.

Zhur

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I give it another try. Pictures will be coming in a couple of days. This gun is well used. It was manufactured in '84 (I think). I need to find a new forearm and butt stock as this one has a plastic "Ramline" p.o.s. on it. It needs several little cosmetic things that I could easily fix. Action is clean, rust-free, and seems to work OK. It will be next week before I'll be able to get a range report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.