Handgun Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Maybe I read the OP's question wrong. I thought it was a question as to the 380 with a hi cap magazine becoming a trend. Not a question which subcompact or compact you prefer or which caliber. I will say emphatically I have no desire, want or NEED for a hi Cap Pocket Gun. I believe the Pocket gun a a great EDC defense gun, but will only choose a single stack for many reasons.
But will a Trend begin with other manufactures, I say no. But then again, do not underestimate the Power of the Internet to drive sales of products that you do not need, And plenty of newbie buyers out there. It always comes down to the MONEY!
Definitely the money. I remember the Glock enthusiasts slavering for the new Glock coming out. Anticipation was at the boiling point. All sort's of theories: Carbine shooting the 9/MM/.45 cartridge. New double stack mini 9MM. 10MM Carbine. Full size .223 rifle with an interchangeable short barrel. Man the ideas flowed. What they got was the "Legendary" Vanilla flavored plain jane 10 shot .22. Or the screams of outrage! That's it? That's it!!! Then they all lined up to buy one. Never mind that 10 shot .22 handguns had been around like forever or that lowly Taurus had a better 16 shot model out that was $150.00 to $200.00 cheaper, came with a threaded barrel, and magazines were half the price of Glock ones. Also, the G44 jammed. Like a lot. No matter. Stand on one foot and jump up and down with the Glock magazines and they will work. Glock sales people aren't stupid. They knew that the guns would sell no matter how disappointed the Glockophiles were. Now they're selling threaded barrels for the G44 at $160.00. Marketing is everything.

·
Super Moderator
12,387 Posts
Definitely the money. I remember the Glock enthusiasts slavering for the new Glock coming out. Anticipation was at the boiling point. All sort's of theories: Carbine shooting the 9/MM/.45 cartridge. New double stack mini 9MM. 10MM Carbine. Full size .223 rifle with an interchangeable short barrel. Man the ideas flowed. What they got was the "Legendary" Vanilla flavored plain jane 10 shot .22. Or the screams of outrage! That's it? That's it!!! Then they all lined up to buy one. Never mind that 10 shot .22 handguns had been around like forever or that lowly Taurus had a better 16 shot model out that was $150.00 to $200.00 cheaper, came with a threaded barrel, and magazines were half the price of Glock ones. Also, the G44 jammed. Like a lot. No matter. Stand on one foot and jump up and down with the Glock magazines and they will work. Glock sales people aren't stupid. They knew that the guns would sell no matter how disappointed the Glockophiles were. Now they're selling threaded barrels for the G44 at $160.00. Marketing is everything.
Ummm. I think this thread was about Rugers, and mouse guns, and 380s... It migrated a little when I talked about a near robbery I had, but it still involved a mouse gun...

Tell me, could you not wait to bash Glocks, and just had to work that into any thread that was active? :p

Your post had NOTHING to do with this thread.

I think I'll go brag about one of my Berettas in the next Sig thread :p :p

:p :p :p

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ummm. I think this thread was about Rugers, and mouse guns, and 380s... It migrated a little when I talked about a near robbery I had, but it still involved a mouse gun...

Tell me, could you not wait to bash Glocks, and just had to work that into any thread that was active? :p

Your post had NOTHING to do with this thread.

I think I'll go brag about one of my Berettas in the next Sig thread :p :p

:p :p :p
Sorry, I sure did stray from the point. I own Glocks. When the marketing was mentioned I went off on a tangent. Again, my Apologies

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes a blowback .380 Beretta 84 is very snappy compared to the fullsize 9mm 92FS. That locked breach design makes a huge difference.
I have a KelTec P3AT. It is also very snappy, but mainly because the low mass.

Personally, I mainly carry a Beretta MiniCougar loaded with 357Sig 😁

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Welp, don't want to get in the middle of the debate above, but I will say that the little LCP Max has got my attention. I'm looking forward to checking one out! (y)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well I just went on ammoseek to see if 380 ammo still exists somewhere. It does but decent carry ammo is 2-3 dollars a round plus shipping so I lost all interest in this pistol.

Reactions: Shipwreck

·
Registered
488 Posts
There lies the difference. Some folks can shoot the small guns with great proficiency. And for myself the Kahr Cm9 which I have two of, extremely easy to shoot as well as the Kahr CW380. Nothing wrong with you carrying a Beretta 92 and it is a great gun. But EDC of a large Beretta 92f for me would be like carrying a boat anchor around all day. I get a back ache just thinking about it.
Again this whole thread is off and no one really addressing the op's question. I think the LCP Fat Max will be a huge success to new shooters. Other makers of quality 380's will not fad out with a double stack magazine.
By the way, I went to the LGS yesterday to compare with the LCP GEN 2. Also had a long talk with the LGS owner I have known for 20 years and a few of the clerks. Interesting what they have to say about some of the new models coming in that are contrary to what you see on the internet. The Place was dead, very few shooters on the range or in the store.

·
Super Moderator
12,387 Posts
My favorite is Glock 19 sized pistols for carry. I carried a HK P2000 for 6 years. I switched to a Gen 5, Glock 19 eleven months ago.

Today, I plan to go try out that 4" S&W Shield I got a week ago. After that, I will rotate that into my carry use. It's still Glock 19 sized, though - just thinner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts