Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first 9mm semi-auto. It will be used mainly for target/range shooting. I've had a chance to shoot a few rounds with a 75B Stainless Steel. It felt very comfortable. I have not handled an 85B. Any advantages/disadvantages to either model? My understanding is that the 85B is an upgraded version? BTW, does anyone know if the 75B in SS Matte is still made available? Thanks.

· Registered
403 Posts
Mainly ambidextrous safety/decocker and slide release.
Also, the combat version has a different trigger that has adjustable reset.
Other than that it is the same as a 75B.

You can get the non-B version without the firing pin block...a bit nicer trigger.

If you are a lefty, get the 85.

Or if you want the combat trigger, the the 85B combat.

I recommend the Cz custom shop (Ghost products)

There is no more accurate 9mm that I have found.

Avoid Wolf Ammo and similar steel cased, matte finished ammo and Aguila.

It will shoot anything else.

If you want a tac rail, get the SP-01.

You will not regret a Cz purchase...better than Sig IMHO.
CC

· Registered
262 Posts
Mainly ambidextrous safety/decocker and slide release.
Also, the combat version has a different trigger that has adjustable reset.
Other than that it is the same as a 75B.

You can get the non-B version without the firing pin block...a bit nicer trigger.

If you are a lefty, get the 85.

Or if you want the combat trigger, the the 85B combat.

I recommend the Cz custom shop (Ghost products)

There is no more accurate 9mm that I have found.

Avoid Wolf Ammo and similar steel cased, matte finished ammo and Aguila.

It will shoot anything else.

If you want a tac rail, get the SP-01.

You will not regret a Cz purchase...better than Sig IMHO.
CC
Are you saying that the safety on the 75B and 85B actually functions as a "de-cocker"? I'm asking because I like the "de-cocker" feature - as in the model 75BD, but that model is not available in stainless which would be ideal. But if the 75B safety "de-cocks", then I'll go for that one in stainless.

· Registered
13 Posts
Are you saying that the safety on the 75B and 85B actually functions as a "de-cocker"? I'm asking because I like the "de-cocker" feature - as in the model 75BD, but that model is not available in stainless which would be ideal. But if the 75B safety "de-cocks", then I'll go for that one in stainless.
The 75B/85B safety DOES NOT decock the pistol. It is a safety only. You can decock a non-BD safely with practice. Unless specified, the new gen pistols, ie: "B" have a firing pin block, hence the "B" in the designation,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.