1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
558 Posts
I read somewhere that the average IQ in America is 100. When I see things like this I realize that this number is exaggerated.

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Um, the average IQ is always 100.
The 100 mark is the center point of the scale, and there are always equal numbers of people on either side of that center point.

What we really need to measure is the SQ: The Stupidity Quotient.

Many people today worry about Artificial Intelligence.
I, however, worry more about real stupidity.
We seem to have a whole lot of it.

Reactions: hillman

·
Registered
558 Posts
You would think so wouldn't you, Steve. But why do I keep feeling like there are more people on the double digit side of the scale than on the triple digit side of the scale.
The older and crankier I get the more I find myself less and less tolerable of people in general. Individually they can be amazing and capable of doing incredible things. It's when they are lumped together into groups that they cease to impress me.

·
Banned
52 Posts
You would think so wouldn't you, Steve. But why do I keep feeling like there are more people on the double digit side of the scale than on the triple digit side of the scale.
The older and crankier I get the more I find myself less and less tolerable of people in general. Individually they can be amazing and capable of doing incredible things. It's when they are lumped together into groups that they cease to impress me.
+1

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think that may be because folks who would score below 80 or so tend not to be noticed, for good or for evil.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just heard that the Bronx Zoo is charging the woman with trespassing. They are not happy at all about the stunt she pulled. I think they will take a strong stand to discourage other people from breaking zoo rules.
You know, in this "viral" age anything can get out of hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts