Handgun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get some cosmoline...the real WWII stuff. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Midway USA and Brownells both used to sell it.

If you can find any, get it while you can, the manufacturer is no longer making it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Midway USA and Brownells both used to sell it.

If you can find any, get it while you can, the manufacturer is no longer making it.
Thanks Bruce. I just stumbled on a site called "cosmoline direct". They sell the cosmoline I'm looking for....they refer to it as cosmoline rust-veto 342 (industrial grade). I think I will stock up per your suggestion. Have a great 4th!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there some historical reason you need the old Cosmoline? The newer formulations are superior and easier to remove.

Cosmoline Spray

Note: Have not used either product. I am going strictly by what I've read or have been told. Genuine Cosmoline is supposed to be difficult to remove.

Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage
Packard, thanks also for the 411. I think this cosmoline Rust-veto 342 is a newer version (formulation) of the WWII cosmoline.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Genuine Cosmoline is supposed to be difficult to remove.
I've never had any trouble removing it. I use a home made mixture called Ed's Red and it comes right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts