Handgun Forum banner

Wheel Gun

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  scoop 
#1 ·
Would like to get a wheel gun. Any body have one made by Beretta?

#2 ·
I don't have 1, but I looked at 1 at the shop the other day.

I think it kinda depends on what ya want. The Beretta revolvers are more like recreations of old west revolvers. If that is your flavor, I have heard good things.

If you want something for traditional carry, I think a more updated revolver design might be better.

Taurus is suppoosed to be pretty good, but S&W usually is sturdier and is made a little better/better fit and finish.

#5 ·
The wife and I have a Stampede Marshall in 45lc.. Love the grips and so far about 1000 rounds without a hitch. Seems to be a very solid well built and accurate gun. It's a nice departure from the semi autos and the DA's we have. Check one out I think you may like the Stampedes..

W

#6 ·
I seem to be the only person on earth who actually has one of the Laramies, and have since they first came out - with the wrong manual included. ;0

It's eaten close to 2k rounds now.

It is most certainly not a modern revolver, but that's not what I got it for. I'm a sucker for top-breaks, and when it came into the shop here, I had to have it.

#7 ·
rfurtkamp said:
It is most certainly not a modern revolver, but that's not what I got it for. I'm a sucker for top-breaks, and when it came into the shop here, I had to have it.
I'm curious, how do you empty the cylinder of a top-break? Is there some sort of ejector? Could you post some more detailed pictures, please :)

I'd really have no use for any kind of wheelgun, but there's something in them... so, maybe one for just a some sort of "Sunday gun" :wink:

#8 ·
It's the granddaddy of the S&W hand ejector - when the weapon is put on half-cock, you release the latch and pull the barrel downwards rapidly. There is a lever that meets on the lower frame and barrel assembly that pushes the ejector out with force, sending brass (or aluminum) flying.

The flying brass is one of the things I like most about the Schofield and Webley family experience - the ejection is part of the whole shooting experience.

I've loaded the cylinder with the aluminum Blasers and chosen an appropriate background so thee ejector can easily be see.

#11 ·
S & W 686PP

Hey Berettaman:
I bought a S & W 686PP about three years ago. I love shooting this gun especially on single action. Great gun! Highly recommend! This one is by my bed every night loaded and ready. You can't go wrong with a S & W wheel gun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.