Handgun Forum banner

What's your favorite pistol to shoot?

5K views 88 replies 55 participants last post by  Pa.frank 
#1 ·
All of us have a favorite handgun to shoot at the range? Out of all the ones you have, what is it?

#6 ·
I would say my CZ Shadow 2 and Beretta 92X Performance. They're both heavy guns and have great triggers. In 9mm they're like shooting a 22.

View attachment 21443
View attachment 21444
I want both of these. Shadow 2 OR will probably be my next purchase, but have handled the 92X Performance at my local gun shop and love the feel of that one also.

Which one are you more accurate with? And if you could only have one, which would it be?

#10 · (Edited)
Simply shooting for the fun of it, probably one of the .22 revolvers. Hard to pick which one. They each have their appeal. The Kit Gun is the handiest. The Model 17 is just classy. The Officers Model Match is the most accurate. The Iver Johnson Supershot is a bit unusual while the three screw Ruger Single Six is practical.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

#11 ·
A Taurus TX-22 and a Ruger 5.7 are the only two pistols that were "fun" from the very first shooting.
All other pistols and revolvers and are tools. There is no excitement with shooting them though I do find a real H&K MP5 delightful to shoot.
The TX-25 has a 16-round magazine and virtually no recoil. The 57 is similar with a 20-round magazine and little or no recoil.
But since my working pistol is a 9mm, most of my shooting is with 9mm pistols.

#17 ·
I don’t go to the range, just out the back door. Usually it’s one or two of my Ruger single actions that I’m shooting. The Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44 magnum, the Flattop .44 Special, or the .41 magnum are my favorites I guess. Can’t leave out the Freedom Arms .44 mag though or my Blackhawk in .45 Colt. Decisions, decisions !:unsure:

#19 ·
Probably any of the Canik 9mm's. easy on the recoil and just pleasant to shoot. i have enjoyed this thing lately too. they call it a pistol anyway. diamondback arms 9mm. I keep this one for home defense too. i bought that 50 round drum at a good price thinkin it won't work but it does. i keep the mag in it for the house. fired from a rest it is really accurate.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun accessory
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

#21 ·
I love shooting all my guns, especially my 1911s so I don't really have a favorite. If there was one special one though, it's probably this one. I shoot primarily in an indoor range so whenever I shoot it, the blast rattles all the booths and definitely gets the attention of all the other shooters, especially for the ones shooting in the booths on either side of me 😆

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Toy

#25 ·
That is a toss-up some days, but I love my Ruger P345 most of all.
*I do not have quite the collection most of you have but my P345 still is my all-time favorite shooter.
*Just started to get acquainted with semi autos a decade ago and still learning. Anything rimfire is a joy for me as well.
Font Art Magenta Illustration Hat

Reactions: Shipwreck