Handgun Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is your ONE favorite metal handgun (no polymer frames)?
That is like asking who your favorite child is. Impossible to answer, At 60 I grew up with metal framed guns. Cut my teeth on a 1911 .. carried a Cdr for a time .. nothing beats the look of a classic HP .. nothing fits my hand better than the CZ75 .. for a time I swore by the 228 and 226 .. and I carried a 92F when people were shooting at me which gives it a place in my heart .. and the Ruger Mk II 5.5" Bull Barrels were THE .22 for the working class. All of those do not even get into the revolvers in the safe. Honestly I can pick a favorite distance rifle; a favorite carry rifle; a favorite polymer carry pistol; and even a favorite polymer .22 pistol, but I am at a loss determining which metal framed HG is my favorite.

·
Administrator
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Anyone have a chance to handle the new S&W all-metal yet?

View attachment 22122
Yea, we have a thread or 2 on the gun in th S&W section...

I posted this last week:

Well, I went to check out that metal M&P this morning. I was considering buying it (and figuring out how to pay for it later :) )

Didn't like it. The texturing on the black part is too aggressive for me. And no, I'm not really interested in sanding it down. I've down that on a few guns in the past. The trigger was also heavier than I would have liked.

I have two Performance Center Shield Pluses, and their triggers are less than 3.5 pounds. I guess I am spoiled by that.

Anyway, disappointed, because I thought I'd be coming home with a new gun... But, oh well. I thought it looked very sweet, but not for me...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts