Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Lyman trigger gauge - Will be here tomorrow.

(I used to have one but sold it - let's face it... After you use it a few times, there is nothing to do with it again until you buy some new guns :) - It's been almost 10 years. I need one again.... )

·
Registered
247 Posts
Zaffiri Precision slides and barrels for my Glock G26, G23 and G43. Also a Tyrant Designs trigger for the G23 and some extra recoils springs from Galloway Precision. I've bought plenty of parts from these vendors in the past and have nothing but good things to say about both their parts and service. In fact I've never had any issues from any parts vendors in this hobby. Mid West Gun Works, Cajun Gun Works, CZ Custom, The Mag Shack, Gun Mag Warehouse, HK Parts, Wilson Combat, Brownell's, Midway etc.

·
Registered
247 Posts

(I used to have one but sold it - let's face it... After you use it a few times, there is nothing to do with it again until you buy a new gun :) - It's been almost 10 years. I need one again.... )
I have a lot of gun smithing tools, some are used often some collect dust. When I work on a different gun I'll buy the proper tool(s) along with the parts. Over the years I've accumulated just about every tool I'd need to service any of my guns. It's the same with my old cars. Other than machine shop work. It's more cost affective to just buy the tools than to pay for someone else's labor. That is if you're capable of doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
A sealed metal can of .30 carbine ammo and 10 boxes of 45 acp. at a yard sale all WWII vintage. Shot 1 box of the 45 acp. and every round fire like it was new. Not planning on opening the .30 carbine can.

·
Registered
684 Posts
TX22. Didn't have a 22 pistol. Can't wait to give it a shake down.

Reactions: Shipwreck

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ordered a couple mags and mag extensions for the TX22 last night.

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

(I used to have one but sold it - let's face it... After you use it a few times, there is nothing to do with it again until you buy some new guns :) - It's been almost 10 years. I need one again.... )
Well, I returned this trigger gauge.

The one I had 10 years ago or so was made much better. I know everything is made in China, but this thing was made so cheap. Certainly not worth the $52 price. And, the reset button didn't always work. So disappointed.

I'll have to find another brand that is worthwhile.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went to a local gunshow looking for flat bottom 1911 grips and went by a table that had 1911 grips but no flat bottom grips. As I looked around on his table I spotted something I have been looking for, well for quite some time. A TALO Special Ruger Redhawk in .41magnum with a 2.75 barrel sold by Davidsons. I spoke with the seller for quite a while and negotiated a good price I was willing to pay and now my trio is complete. I have a 7.5" with a 2x Leuopold scope installed, a custom 4" that I made from a 5.5" and now this 2.75". Since my birthday is Friday, Happy Birthday to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts