Great trigger,,,
Big arse bullets,,,
Huge nostalgia factor.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Aarond

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ordered one sight unseen in Louisville about 40 years ago, I had my mind made up to get one.

There was a Colt Gold Cup for sale there, and I may tried it in my hand, to feel it.
(Looking back on it, I should have bought the Gold Cup too, I had the money, and it’s a great gun.)

The .45 1911 had a vaunted reputation as a man killer, with the Army and Marines. And that settled the issue with me, and I have never feared any man or beast when I had that .45.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you own one or more 1911s then you don't have to ask what the appeal is. I've read many opinions in this thread and can understand most of them. I on the other hand do not understand why anyone would have to pay $2000=$3000 for a quality 1911. I for one as much as I like 1911s I would not pay such a price for one. I have a GI spec Rock Island that I bought some years back in the mid $300s. It was as tight as any 1911 that I have held. The machining was not as smooth as a gun that has been buffed and polished, but that is just bling and extra cost. I did put a beavertail grip safety on it and polish every part of the trigger group that rubbed metal on metal except the sear. This is an oustanding shooter for the price and will out shoot most shooters that aren't competitors. I bought a Rock Island 9mm 1911 A1FS Tact II when I heard about them in forums and You Tube. My LGD had to order it and it cost about $550 + tax. It exceeded my hopes. Everything that I wanted and more was stock. The trigger felt so good that I couldn't help but show it around the range. It shoots like a dream, target rear, fiber optic front sights, G10 grips, ambi safety. and more. Many shooters at my range now have a desire to own one. The action is smoothe. The trigger is almost as if it isn't there when you pull it. Accuracy out of the box is equal to or better than any other 1911 I have shot including some high priced customs. The only thing that is not on the higher plane to me is that it is not buffed and polished to a bling finish. I have had many 1911s over my 75 years, and it is hard for me to beat a 1911. However there is plenty of room for different opinions as proven by the number of models and manufacturers. Happy shooting and take a kid to the range as often as you can. I'm glad someone took me.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Well Ijust had to buy another one, not that I needed it. This one is a full size Sig Model TTT. It's all stainless steel. I just couldn't resist when I saw it in the case. It stood out amongst all of the other 1911's they had. This thing is freakin' awesome a little on the heavy side which can be expected for an all stainless steel full size 1911. But I'm used to carrying both heavy and light guns. About the only thing different mechanically from other 1911's is that this one has a firing pin block safety and external extractor. It comes with front and rear night sights with a dot on the front and a horizontal bar on the rear. The rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. It also has a really nice set of burl wood grips. This gun was used but never fired or carried. There's not a scratch or mark on it.

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Revolver

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

41 - 46 of 46 Posts