Handgun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, Crack Green Beans (green beans, browns sugar and a few dashes of soy sauce. Pretty good), roasted corn on the cob, gravy, and cranberry sauce. Cherry and mince meat pie.
Not too shabby for a fat guy with a pretty wife. Recon she just married me for the cooking,

·
Registered
790 Posts
Love me some fried turkey. Bought one of those infrared cookers a few years ago, and will likely never fry again. Takes a little longer to cook, but not by a lot, light it and put it in. When done, it can all be cleaned up and put away in about 20 minutes, and that is a 15 minute cool off. No oil to practice frugal caution over. Very good for me with questionable balance at times.
It makes a good bird. Not quite as good as fried, but very good.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Chicken and dumplings tonight.
Not the traditional recipe, but a baked version that is smaller and more manageable for two. Turned out a lot better than we expected. It will be made again, for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks yummy :)

When people drop by (usually an hour before a meal) the subject of home cooking always comes up. I invite them to eat and ask what they want. Biscuits and milk gravy with either bacon, country sausage, or country ham is the number one requested meal, with homemade blackberry and strawberry jam. If there are three people I'll make about 20 biscuits and they'll be gone. If any are left, they'll fight over who gets to take them home.

Much of the joy of cooking is watching people enjoy their meal, loosen their belts, and smile in contentment that makes me smile.

The same way that teaching someone to shoot safely, accurately, and with confidence is highly rewarding.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When people drop by (usually an hour before a meal) the subject of home cooking always comes up. I invite them to eat and ask what they want. Biscuits and milk gravy with either bacon, country sausage, or country ham is the number one requested meal, with homemade blackberry and strawberry jam. If there are three people I'll make about 20 biscuits and they'll be gone. If any are left, they'll fight over who gets to take them home.

Much of the joy of cooking is watching people enjoy their meal, loosen their belts, and smile in contentment that makes me smile.

The same way that teaching someone to shoot safely, accurately, and with confidence is highly rewarding.
Now that’s a biscuit wow makes me hungry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok. Not exactly cooking but…

first heavy, sticking snow of winter, and knowing I’ll be shoveling my way out tomorrow morning. Having a warm, relaxing cup o’ Irish coffee.
View attachment 22954
That's a great idea. Though I'm not a drinker, I do have a bottle of old brandy around and some hot chocolate and with a couple of glugs of brandy in it would warm me up. We're having a real frog strangler here tonight and the dogs still wanted to go out in it. We're all soaked so a taste of internal warmth is in the making. Thanks for the idea.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts