Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
Being a fat man, I love to eat. In order to do so, I have to cook.
Tonight was chicken alfredo with mushrooms and a garden salad.

· Registered
867 Posts
Hah.....that's me!!!

I do not like to cook- but do when necessary. I do like some Asian type food. Just about any kind of fried rice....and any of those wet dishes with chicken and lots of veggies and egg/spring rolls. Probably my favorite style food.
I was raised on a farm in the south- so we ate lots of veggies and lots of pork.....and boo-koo tomato sandwiches. Corn is the big deal to me- but I HATE corn with sugar in it. So many people do that- and nowdays most corn at the markets is sweet corn. I like plain corn. Whether it is fried, creamed style or on the cob- I like corn. And I like corn bread.
Most corn is plenty sweet to start with. Even the "regular" type.
Being a cornbread junkie, I feel sugar has no real place in it either. Light bread? Yes, a bit is needed to activate the yeast.
Sugar is a staple and not the devil that modern "wisdom" would have you think. The problem is modern tastes and processed foods. The only processed food product in the house outside some holiday goodies is Spam. We eat that sh!# like candy. Several times a month in soup, breakfast dishes, sandwiches. If you haven't had a fried Spam burger, you just ain't right. I seek out the lower sodium stuff any more. Much more salty, to the point i don't like it, than I remember from childhood.

· Registered
867 Posts
We eat it in Ramen Noodles. Lightly browned spam, boiled egg, some frozen broccoli or cauliflower, a little soy or teriyaki sauce. There really is no limit, and since we have a taste for the stuff, it is quite the treat and a very filling and tasty meal.

· Registered
867 Posts
Chicken Alfredo tonight with a garden salad.

· Registered
867 Posts
Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes with brown gravy, and a garden salad. Pure comfort food.

· Registered
867 Posts
Now Salisbury steak is like a hamburger steak correct do you have a special blend you put in that hamburger it’s one of my favorite meals I
Well, since LostWife is allergic to beef, we use turkey. A little chopped onion, a dash of Worcestershire, and corn meal, or a few bread crumbs but normally don't keep that in the house, is what I use. No recipe, I just put stuff in till I hear both Grandmas whisper, "That'll do".

· Registered
867 Posts
Thanks sounds good I will use beef instead of turkey
Yea, with the allergy onset it has made a lot of life "sporting". Get a lot of "I don't know" when asking about content in resteraunts. That isn't an answer, go find someone who knows.
She used to make work on a steak that would make any grown man say Wow.😲
She misses it, and it certainly has been an adjustment, Most people don't know the difference when they come over, but that has taken some effort.

Reactions: Javbike

· Registered
867 Posts
oooOOO Wee! Smells like roux up off in here. We had breakfast a couple hours ago and smelling it I'm starving. Gumbo going together in a couple hours so it can simmer a while.

· Registered
867 Posts
What time should I be there ? Love me some Gumbo
It should be done by 4 ish, simmering nicely, probably eat around 5 or 5:30. Just depends on how much we are starving by then. I'll put rice in the cooker somewhere in time to be done in that time frame.
Might make some cornbread to go with it. Oh my.
Food Ingredient Kitchen appliance Recipe Kitchen stove

· Registered
867 Posts
Patty melts and fries.

· Registered
867 Posts
Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, Crack Green Beans (green beans, browns sugar and a few dashes of soy sauce. Pretty good), roasted corn on the cob, gravy, and cranberry sauce. Cherry and mince meat pie.
Not too shabby for a fat guy with a pretty wife. Recon she just married me for the cooking,

· Registered
867 Posts
Love me some fried turkey. Bought one of those infrared cookers a few years ago, and will likely never fry again. Takes a little longer to cook, but not by a lot, light it and put it in. When done, it can all be cleaned up and put away in about 20 minutes, and that is a 15 minute cool off. No oil to practice frugal caution over. Very good for me with questionable balance at times.
It makes a good bird. Not quite as good as fried, but very good.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

· Registered
867 Posts
Chicken and dumplings tonight.
Not the traditional recipe, but a baked version that is smaller and more manageable for two. Turned out a lot better than we expected. It will be made again, for sure.

· Registered
867 Posts
Teriyaki chops, baked potato, garden salad. Good eats.

· Registered
867 Posts
Been baking Christmas cookies with my Grand daughter Willow.
Helped LostWife with fudge and candy she calls "spiders", then baked 7 dozen chocolate chips. All marked for care packages for the neighbors and mail lady.

Reactions: tony pasley

· Registered
867 Posts
Question guys what’s the best way to cook a rack of lamb
Sorry, can't help. Never been a fan, and it is hard to stay within smelling distance of the stuff.
Good Luck.

Reactions: Shipwreck

· Registered
867 Posts
Sloppy Jo's. Not the stuff out of the can, I had forgotten how bad the indigestion from that is. Was reminded about a week ago, very harshly. Bell peppers tear me up. We like my recipe better anyway, and hadn't had it in long enough that we forgot how much we like it.
SW salsa type salad/dip. (black beans, corn, Rotel, green onion, cilantro, and a couple other things) Very good and most satisfying.

Made the last batch of cookies, fudge and LostWife made "spiders". Care packages assembled and ready for the week.

· Registered
867 Posts
Burgers with fried potatoes and onions.
Mince meat pie and coffee for dessert.

· Registered
867 Posts
Snow crab and a baked potato for Christmas dinner. Really hit the spot and made something special for LostWife.

Merry Christmas to all.

· Registered
867 Posts
Chicken and dumplings for supper last night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts