Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had some threads about what your fav gun is/fav manufacturer/etc.

What gun would you NOT own if someone gave it to you?

G

·
I have no idea the maker of this gun, but it was a 1911 style handgun and this thing was horrible. I could shoot a single shot T/C Contender pistol faster than that handgun. Not only did it jam on every other shot and was never hitting what I was aiming at it did a horrible thing you would never want to have happen in an HD situation. The whole freaking slide and barrel assembly came off on counter-recoil. :roll: :roll:

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
No tactical tupperware for me period :roll:

·
Super Moderator
12,453 Posts
I never see myself buying any Taurus products - I know some like them. But, I've also seen enough neg that I'm just not interested.

I would also never buy a Norinco or any Phillipine made 1911

I'm sure someone will countermand me here, but that's just my opinion :p :oops: :roll:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: No BRYCO-JENNINGS here

KINGMAX said:
Never a BRYCO-JENNINGS here. :butthead: As you can see - I am a NEWBIE
Oh, that's such an easy one - pick something more mainstream :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Well now, being given something is one thing. I've accepted some pretty raunchy guns and pieces of guns in my time.

But I won't make any effort to own a 9mm pistol of any type, nor any guns with plastic frames or parts. Prefer not to own foreign made firearms, though have owned one Italian made single action. And I do have a Mauser pistol as a War souvenier.

I prefer my guns to be steel, brass and wood. And I appreciate a gun that doesn't throw my empty brass all over the countryside. And, while I do have some .357 Magnums, I prefer calibers with some authority. I do lean toward the .44 and .45 caliber guns.

I prefer blue steel over stainless. I did have one stainless Smith & Wesson.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't think of any gun I would not own if someone gave it to me, I could always sell it or give it away. Now when it comes to buying guns, I would never buy a 40 caliber anything.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
WHOA! While the .40 Short & Wimpy has given the .40 genre a bad name, there are still some fortys worthy of attention, though one is really not considered a .40, the .38-40 revolver, especially those converted from three-screw Ruber Blackhawk .357s. And the .401 Eimer guns that were making the rounds a few years back. And the 10mm seems promising.

But a good late model Colt SA in .38-40 rivals the .41 Magnum when properly handloaded.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
65 Posts
I will never buy a HK pistol, or a XD, or any other of the ugly earopean style (long ugly gripped) pistol.......

Disclaimer: I am sure they work fine I just personally cannot stand the way they look.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Guess the only gun I would refuse to own, would be an illegal one. Some that are unsafe to shoot could be a collecter item. My preference for modern guns are the Stainless steel dull finished ones.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I like guns too much to say there's one I wouldn't ever own.
Of course some would have to be given to me free for me to have them.
Err, like a Grock.

AFS

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
A brick is fine at close range, though meat destruction is a little severe. And the possibility of that brick getting hung up in the tree limbs could pose a threat to others.

And a heck of a looping trajectory.

A .22 revolver isn't much, but its a dandy squirrel gun!

Bob Wright

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
firestorm,argenitine,jennings,hi point,just to name a fewauto-loaders way to many revolvers that have been out there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts