Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone suggested Hoppes #9 to get those brass marks that appear around the extractor area on the slide.

Got some this evening finally - does not work... At least it was only $3. But, any other ideas? Stuff I don't have to order online but might find at a store?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i use kleen bore #10 copper cutter probably the same as the hoppes#9 so i dont know if it will do the trick or not

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Grind 'em off with a file, or maybe a grinding wheel, then spray paint with a color to match.........then again, maybe a good cleaner would really be better.............. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie said:
Grind 'em off with a file, or maybe a grinding wheel, then spray paint with a color to match.........then again, maybe a good cleaner would really be better.............. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Gee, thanks :roll: :-D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Shipwreck said:
Someone suggested Hoppes #9 to get those brass marks that appear around the extractor area on the slide.

Got some this evening finally - does not work... At least it was only $3. But, any other ideas? Stuff I don't have to order online but might find at a store?
You're kidding. I've been using the stuff for years to get the brass marks off the deflector on my AR-15s.

Sorry Ship, I steared you wrong.

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Shipwreck said:
Ya know - I almost got the bronze remover, but went w/ the traditional Hoppes #9.
Aww cmon...you tryin to tell us you DONT have a dremel........ :-D

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blackice said:
+1 on the Bronze Remover!!!!!......
I looked at this stuff last week - it ain't cheap - I don't really wanna spend around $7 to find out it won't work....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Shipwreck said:
I looked at this stuff last week - it ain't cheap - I don't really wanna spend around $7 to find out it won't work....
It'll work. Plus its the cats PJs for cleaning your bore. Run a couple wet patches thru, wait 20 min. bronze brush a few times, dry patches, oil.......done.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jwkimber45 said:
It'll work. Plus its the cats PJs for cleaning your bore. Run a couple wet patches thru, wait 20 min. bronze brush a few times, dry patches, oil.......done.
Maybe in a month or 2 I'll break down and try it.

I really wanted it to take the marks off of the fullsize USP I sold a couple of weeks back. I was gonna get those off before I sold it.

I still have a USP compact, though... So, I still need it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts