Handgun Forum banner

What sports are you a huge fan of? (vote for multiple sports, if you like)

• NBA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFL

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NHL

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • MLB

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • (Other) - Please tell us

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sports are you a huge fan of?

Myself - I am looking forward to hockey season starting very soon. It's really the only sport I watch...

I have been a huge Philly Flyers fan since 2011. Been to many games, and used to go to their annual charity event, and I met 40 players (total) over those trips. Had tons of autographs... The Flyers really suck, and no longer even have any decent players on the team. I've really lost my patience with the Flyers.

My favorite player, Claude Giroux, is no longer on the Flyers. He got picked up by the Senators this past summer. So, I may give them a watch for several games and see how that goes.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't watch much of any sports now, since they all went "WOKE" Used to like Nascar but they started that woke crap and i stopped watching them.

I love Motocross and if one is on i will watch it if i am doing nothing. used to like pro football, when they started that kneeling stuff i haven't watched a minute of one since.

Used to like Hockey and was about to watch a game a couple years ago and they was all kneeling when the national anthem was played. turned it off and haven't watched another.

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't watch much of any sports now, since they all went "WOKE" Used to like Nascar but they started that woke crap and i stopped watching them.

I love Motocross and if one is on i will watch it if i am doing nothing. used to like pro football, when they started that kneeling stuff i haven't watched a minute of one since.

Used to like Hockey and was about to watch a game a couple years ago and they was all kneeling when the national anthem was played. turned it off and haven't watched another.
I hear ya. I quit watching hockey for a couple of years for the same reasons. And, I sold all my autographed items... I had almost 100 items that I had gotten signed in person by making trips to a charity event in Philly for several years. I only kept one signed Claude Giroux puck... I had a ton of stuff.

But, It's been a couple of years, and I miss watching the game. So, I will probably watch some games this season.

·
Registered
5 Posts
College baseball, football and basketball. Live in a big SEC college town where the population doubles on football game days.

Watch Major League Baseball and follow the Astro's and Yankees. I have been to a few Yankees games in my life. Saw Mantle, Maris, Berra, Munson and Reggie Jackson back in the day. Will be watching the Yankees/Red Sox tonight. Judge is sitting on 60 Hr's and has a chance to tie or break Maris's record during the three game series this weekend. Go to a Astro's game when I can.

Grew up in a Dallas Cowboy family. Father used to take us (2 brothers) to games when they played in the Cotton Bowl. Not a rabid fan like I used to be but will watch every week. Hate the pre game crap so no sound on till kickoff.

Use to watch the NBA but stopped when Larry Bird retired. Haven't watched a game since,

Shipwreck, I remember when you were selling your NHL memorabilia. Never thought it would sell in a college football town.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My viewing of sports on TV is limited these days because of all the politics. Seriously fed up with it all.
*Went to a Blue Jackets game last year and really enjoyed it in person. Loved it. Will attend again.
*NFL has been a joke in my opinion, but I still will sit at times with my daughter and watch until I get enough.

·
Registered
684 Posts
College football, for now. They got too involved in politics and I slowed it down, but haven't noticed a lot this year, yet. Maybe they noticed a drop in revenue and it mattered to them.
Used to watch every Texas Rangers game. FOX decided to extort, and even limit to many places the access, extortion or not, so haven't seen a game in 3 years. Don't even keep up with baseball any more.
I did enjoy the Spring USFL? Football. It was pretty sloppy and looked more HS ball than any college game I've seen, but it was a break in the boredom, and they at least made an entire season..
Chris Collinsworth is a favorite, good at his job and shut Al Michaels down on the spot last year in the opening SNF game when he started on the BLM, Social justice, defund garbage. I don't know if he is still with them, but good for him.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I watch college football and that's about it. I do not watch any professional sports at all. I'm scared, now that they are getting paid, that college players will become like pro players. If they do, I'll stop watching college sports as well.

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shipwreck, I remember when you were selling your NHL memorabilia. Never thought it would sell in a college football town.
I sold all the major stuff on Facebook groups to people in the Philly area. It was mostly non signed stuff that I sold locally, or stuff I couldn't get sold on Facebook. And yea, I was very surprised I sold some of that stuff locally.

Shipping giant, framed jerseys (that were signed) was a major pain in the butt. I had to order special boxes to do all of that.

I only kept 2 things - A single signed Giroux puck, and the puck I caught at a Flyers game.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Used to love baseball. Was fortunate enough when I was still school age to have Little league and Pony league. Even in a tiny country town in Alabama. I played in both.
Never was interested in any other sport except maybe hunting and fishing. As I grew older i kinda got away from it- and eventually grew tired of all the drama associated with sports this day and time.
I don't watch any of it at all. Agatha still watches it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Since the "Woke" bull crap, I don't watch or follow the major sports mentioned in the
poll. When I get the urge, I watch PBR. No one takes a knee, they fly the flag and
sing the National anthem!
Dano
(I just had to do this)- "I never watched PBR....but I drank a ton of it!"

Proof- this is me at a pit stop on a bike run- fuel for the Kawasaki- and a Cool Blue PBR for me! (1973?)

Vehicle Motor vehicle Tree Plant Travel

·
Registered
21 Posts
(I just had to do this)- "I never watched PBR....but I drank a ton of it!"

Proof- this is me at a pit stop on a bike run- fuel for the Kawasaki- and a Cool Blue PBR for me! (1973?)

View attachment 22077
Truth be known, I myself have imbibed in a few PBR's in my day also. ;)
Dano

1 - 13 of 13 Posts