Handgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By that, I mean what percent of CWP holders actually carry REGULARLY?

Of the many people I know who have gone to the trouble of getting a CWP, precious few have carried in public more than a time or two. What is your observation?

·
Administrator
13,134 Posts
I have a friend like that - he doesn't usually carry because it is "uncomfortable" to him.

To him, I say it will be more uncomfortable the day a bad guy tries to kill you or robs you. I hope nothing happens, but just in case...

I look at a gun as "insurance." We have auto insurance... Home owners insurance... My gun falls into the category for me. I hope I never need it, but if I do, I will be happy I had it on me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Its been every day for me for a long time. I live just sw of Mobile and the crime rate here has been high for years.
I moved to Mobile in 72 and finally moved out in the county around 76. Over the years I have seen the crime escalate. Since I have been here I have actually needed a gun 2 times and didn't have one. Thankfully- I have had a chance to rectify that. I carry every day- everywhere. If I have to go in some place where I can not carry- I have a secure lock-box in my car that I use.
I have worked on it over the years- I have made changes here and there.....but now I am comfortable with it. I have carried some large guns, small guns, pocket pistols....and my current carry is the 365. I have it in 9mm and 380- with both using the X grip module. I practice with these guns often- and shoot them PDG (pretty darn good).
I will be 75 in a couple months and in fair shape- had a couple valves put in over the years and a cardiac ablation recently. I am not feeble- but get around okay. For the weight and capacity- the 365 fits me good. And- I can hit with it.

Edit: Gosh- not trying to brag at all- but yeah- I do carry. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I noticed recently most of the people I know that have CC permits have started to carry daily. The past years have been an eye opener regarding crime and personnel protection. I do know several that do not carry daily for various reasons, and I wish them well.
*I personally carry and practice religiously. Just to protect my family from harm not to save the world.
*Currently working on my new Sig P365 to test and confirm reliability. This will replace my S&W 642 and LCR's when I get done with getting to know the Sig.
*I have noticed many showing up at the range and training sessions starting to carry more often. Even my wife has started to carry, and she has had a permit for a while. The times have dictated a safe and well-educated carry citizen.

“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.”
--- Tiffany Madison

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
"The skunks are emboldened."
No cash bail means no consequences.
No consequences means the rules are suspended.
Take care my friends!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If you don't want to carry, I say fine.
If you think someone who is carrying will save your a$$, you might want to think again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wife and I got our permits together about 25 years ago. Where as I carry about 90% of the time, the wife rarely does. She's a teacher and for some reason she just feels uncomfortable carrying no matter how much I try to convince her on how important it is. She is a pretty good shot BTW

·
Registered
267 Posts
I finally talked the wife into looking at those "carry" purses for women. We were on a trip for her work and were in Montgomery AL for the day. We had some free time and I just happened to see the Walter Craig store. They sell all kinds of shooting equipment - and guns- and apparel. Anyway- they had bunches of carry purses for the ladies. She went through them all- and she found one she really liked- and uses it to this day. Her little pistola goes with her everywhere now that she is retired. I still can not get her to wear it in a holster....but in the purse is better than nothing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I finally talked the wife into looking at those "carry" purses for women. We were on a trip for her work and were in Montgomery AL for the day. We had some free time and I just happened to see the Walter Craig store. They sell all kinds of shooting equipment - and guns- and apparel. Anyway- they had bunches of carry purses for the ladies. She went through them all- and she found one she really liked- and uses it to this day. Her little pistola goes with her everywhere now that she is retired. I still can not get her to wear it in a holster....but in the purse is better than nothing.
I hope it has a good solid strap! The most common item in a robbery is going after a women's purse but, as you said... better than nothing

·
Registered
10 Posts
I carry from the time I get dressed in the morning to the time I get undressed and go to bed. It's a crazy world out there nowadays! And I keep a 45 in my nightstand in case I have more time if needed. My carry gun is a 9. (less weight). It goes on top of my nightstand within arms reach. Not much sense to have a CCW and not carry daily- you can not "plan" when you may need it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts