Handgun Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting the urge to look for another 22 LR pistol for practicing casual shooting and I wanted to get some idea of what other people think of what is on the market. I have 322 LR handguns which are:

Ruger LCR 22 LR revolver 8 shot -It makes a good practice gone the since I carry a Ruger LCR 22 Magnum as a backup and it is much cheaper than shooting the 22 Magnum ammo

Walter PPQ 22 - My favorite 22 handgun. It is highly reliable and only 2 ounces lighter than the PPQ M2 and is very similar to the 9 mm version. It makes a great casual shooting and practice gun. For my first 1000 rounds it only jammed about 10 times.

Ruger SR 22 - I bought this pistol because the review said it would take just about any ammo but mine seems to have a preference for CCI minimags.
Almost depends on the day, S&W M41, Buckmark Hunter, S&W 617, Ruger old model Super Single Six, Ruger new model Single-Six, Taurus TX-22 and to just look at would be like NIB Colt New Frontier .22.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really like my Ruger Standard as well as the 22/45. Other days it’s the Single Six. Then once in a while I have to mix it up with a K17. My favorite depends on the day.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Colt Frontier Scout, top one in my Avatar, I selected it and my Mom bought it just before Christmas '56 or maybe '57. A present for my dad he wore it around the various ranches we had in Idaho a little and moved to Wyoming, and settled in Montana. Scared a lot of Coyotes, killed a lot of Rattlesnakes. He died in '95 and Mom used it for home defense,. She came to live with us in 2010 or 11 and then died herself. Now it is mine. I shot it a lot before 1964, only a little since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a S&W Compact 22, liked it a lot, but it had a tendency to stovpipe frequently, go to S&W forum and read about it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mine is a Browning Challenger III that I've had for about thirty years. It's way more accurate than I am and has never once jammed or miss fired. It feels great in hand and I have a world of confidence it will hit what I'm aiming at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy with my Browning Buckmark, but if Ruger were on the California DOJ approved list, that's what I'd have gone with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've owned several .22LR handguns from several manufacturers, but the only one I still have left is my Browning Buckmark Target. It has been flawless in operation and is a hole in a hole shooter when I do my part. It has caused the demise of many squirrels and cottontails as well. I used to use it to compete in Rimfire Silhouette competitions and it held its own against much higher priced handguns I was competing against.

·
Banned
6 Posts
I am getting the urge to look for another 22 LR pistol for practicing casual shooting and I wanted to get some idea of what other people think of what is on the market. I have 322 LR handguns which are:

Ruger LCR 22 LR revolver 8 shot -It makes a good practice gone the since I carry a Ruger LCR 22 Magnum as a backup and it is much cheaper than shooting the 22 Magnum ammo

Walter PPQ 22 - My favorite 22 handgun. It is highly reliable and only 2 ounces lighter than the PPQ M2 and is very similar to the 9 mm version. It makes a great casual shooting and practice gun. For my first 1000 rounds it only jammed about 10 times.

Ruger SR 22 - I bought this pistol because the review said it would take just about any ammo but mine seems to have a preference for CCI minimags.
What does the 22 LR mean?

·
Registered
428 Posts
While the LCR22 is my all time favorite these little suckers I have had for the Past 10 years have proven to be very fun and nice little trainers. I also have a LCPll in 22.cal but Like these much better. And they love standard velocity ammo. I paid a ridiculously low price for them. I love to do point and shoot skills with them. I take a standard range target and place 9 2" targets pasted on them and rapid fire as fast as I can trying to hit each little circle. The Phoenix does surprisingly well.

Phoenix HPA 22

·
Registered
14 Posts
What does the 22 LR mean?
Long Rifle. There are several acronyms attached to the end of different calibers. For the .22 there is "S"-Stands for Short, "L"-Stands for Long, and "LR" for Long Rifle. There is also "WMR" which stands for Winchester Magnum Rimfire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own six .22 handguns, four revolvers and a couple semi-auto and all shoot lights out. It would be a hard decision but it would probably come down to my S&W 617 or my Ruger Single Six Bisley, and of those two most likely the Smith. Only because it holds a few more rounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rugers', Smiths', Brownings', CZ's, Walthier's, I love them all. There are very few handguns that share the degree of influencing shooters to pursue handguns than the .22lr regardless of action or price point. My personal favorite is the High Standard Military Victor that I used to shoot bullseye with my Dad years ago. It is still bringing great memories with every squeeze!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts