Handgun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've had a few and while I really liked my S&W 41's I only have Ruger's now. The original 22/45 was my first handgun, I still have it 10's 1000's of rounds later and it still runs like new. Great guns :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Ruger MKIII. I ended up with it from my uncle who is now gone. It is and always will be "his" pistol.

I like it. I've never fired it.........yet.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That would be Allegra,,,

That would be Allegra,,,
My Beretta Model 87 Cheetah.

I own many semi-auto rimfires,,,
From pocket mouse guns to target pistols.

The thread specifically said "Favorite" though,,,
And Allegra is my favorite of them all.

There's just something elegant about the Cheetah pistols,,,
When I am shooting her it's as if I'm holding hands with Sophia Loren.

Having said that though,,,
The gun is exceptionally reliable,,,
And as accurate as any compact of it's ilk.

A true joy at the range.

Aarond

·
Registered
574 Posts
I really enjoy the Ruger SR22 reasonably priced quite accurate and the size & weight is similar to both of my 9mm CC pistols so SR22 represents the best of both worlds for me, an inexpensive pistol to shoot that mimics the 9's that's close enough for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be Allegra,,,
My Beretta Model 87 Cheetah.

I own many semi-auto rimfires,,,
From pocket mouse guns to target pistols.

The thread specifically said "Favorite" though,,,
And Allegra is my favorite of them all.

There's just something elegant about the Cheetah pistols,,,
When I am shooting her it's as if I'm holding hands with Sophia Loren.

Having said that though,,,
The gun is exceptionally reliable,,,
And as accurate as any compact of it's ilk.

A true joy at the range.

Aarond

Are they made anymore?
SW M&P Compact 22

Purchased for wife and son. Its incredibly reliable for a 22. 750 rounds of Golden bullets and Mini Mags, not 1 issue yet. Very nice little gun!
Sw 22 victory...accurate,,reliable,,,easy to clean,,great sights..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
945 Posts
Beretta 87, and the 87T are still made although it seems production stops from time to time and they get scarce.

Used 71 series also show up. These are equally great 22 autos.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Are they made anymore?

Are they made anymore?
Oh yes,,,
But for about a year they weren't being imported.

Buds gun shop has them right now,,,
But be prepared for some serious sticker shock.

Click here please.

Like I said,,,
There are better (meaning more practical) .22 pistols out there,,,
But this one is absolutely the favorite out of the 13 semi-auto .22's that I own

Aarond

·
Banned
18 Posts
By far not the finest 22lr but I love mymy little Walther P22, but it only has an appetite for CCI minimags. As with all 22lr ammo, it is getting a struggle to find.

·
Registered
40 Posts
S & W 41 and Ruger Mark II 22/45, but a Ruger SR22 has been sneaking out to the range more frequently than the other two in more recent times.

Fun little pistol !

·
Registered
9,533 Posts
I have many .22LR's in both semi-autos and revolvers.

My most valued is a S&W 617 with an 8 3/8" barrel. It's still NIB and is a no-dash model. Typical 6-shot with full target features. Pre-lock obviously as well.

Most S&W's are factory test fired. This one shows no signs what-so-ever of ever having been fired. Not even a hint of a turn ring on the cylinder.

The craftsmanship on this revolver is simply stunning. I used to have a 617 with a 6" barrel. Due to a brain fart so many years ago, I traded it for something. I don't even recall for what. It shot so well, that it made up for a shooter's short-comings. It pretty made anyone a good shot.

Anyways, the 8 3/8" target model came along and I jumped on it. It looks and feels just like a 629. Truth-be-told, I don't having any plans to shoot it as long as I own it.

I've only shown it to a few, and each and every time I have, they were speechless. It's just that impressive. They can't believe it's just a .22LR.

I have other .22LR's that I love, but the 617 still stands shoulders above all the others.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts