Handgun Forum banner

What is your age group?

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Old or young is a matter of perspective...did you realize from the results that over 60% of those participating are 40+?

Kind of an interesting factoid

·
Registered
5 Posts
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional....My wife is always telling me to quit acting like a twenty year old just because I want to shoot guns and go on road trips on my motorcycle....I'm 62 years old..I have earned every gray hair that I have left and every wrinkle and scar. I shoot and carry semi-automatics because I like having 17 shots compared to six. I know someone's going to say if I can't get it done with six I've lost. I know this,still 17 feels better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I approach 81 I enjoy reading what you youngsters are writing. As for me, I now prefer CZ SP 75, Walther P99 , Glock 17, etc. The main thing is to keep in shape and shoot as often as my son (my boss) lets me out of the office. Thinking about a surprise weapon for my 85th.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Old or young is a matter of perspective...did you realize from the results that over 60% of those participating are 40+?

Kind of an interesting factoid
Matter of perspective?
I used to think so as well. Of course, that was 40 years ago when I was 20. Once the equipment starts to wear out, malfunction, quit working, or just become painful to use, it's more than perspective. It's a physical reality.
I really wish it was a matter of perspective nowadays. Oh how I wish!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm 60 now, been shooting everything all my life. I like to switch up now and then, so I carry my 9mm semi-autos about equal to my S&W 357 revolvers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say. :anim_lol:

-----
NRA Member

The Second Amendment is our constitutional Right...embrace it, PROTECT it, and never take it for granted

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I suspect they think that once you hit seventy, you start acting like a 20 year old again. (second childhood or whatever) :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
21-29 category.

Revolver convert. I've noticed that pistols just feel weird in my paws after handling (and shooting) some revolvers. Should've come to revolvers sooner! (Heck, I'm old school anyway. Pocket watches, fountain pens, typewriters, wing-tips, fedoras... just kinda goes with me, hahaha!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I was growing up in my little corner of the old west it was considered sissy to shoot anything less than a Colt Peacemaker in 45 long colt, I was just too little though to hang on to one. I finally made the grade though with the 357 magnum when it was still new and graduated to the 44 magnum for a while. Fell in love with the S&W fit finish and quality and accuracy straight out of the box. Finally laid hands on my first model 19 but a conniving ex spouse did away with it. Just a few years ago I did some trading and I'm now the proud owner of another with the 4" barrel with target trigger and hammer. Love that gun.
A lot of people will snicker about my under cover and off duty Charter Undercover 38 Spl. that I've had since about 1970 and still keep it handy, great little gun and it's never been in the shop for anything. I now daily carry a Ruger SR9C but when the day comes that I can no longer work the slide guess which gun I'll have on my hip?

I Was recently gifted a High Standard Double Nine Longhorn that had been rode hard and put up wet, so as soon as I got my hands on it I stripped it down and polished out the rust pits and cold blued it to my satisfaction, and made a pair of new walnut grips for it. I won't say it looks like new but it sure looks better than when I got it. The only problem it has is it won't function DA anymore but still shoots just fine SA. When I received it you could hardly see thru the barrel or the chambers and I was sure it would be pitted to heck but wonder of wonders it cleaned up and was spotless. This gun came with a 9 1/2" barrel and shoots like a rifle, the Nine in the name stands for how many times it will go bang before needing reloading I couldn't be more pleased with it. I've wanted one of these ever since they came out new way back when.
Now can you guess my age? My hero was Gabby Hayes!
LOL
Gabby

·
Registered
61 Posts
Please delete this it was a duplicate post.

Aw heck coming up on 73 come June, a young man in an old package.
Never had too many guns but still have too few if you get my drift.
Gabby

·
Registered
919 Posts
I tryed to check all of them but it didn't let me.
I feel today like... hummm
Gabby
Never had too many guns but still have too few if you get my drift.
Yea I get it. I can relate to it. I have too many guns but still not enough I guess. Just bought one more that I need like a 3th spare tire while riding trough Houston with a AAA plastic in the walet. :)

161 - 180 of 202 Posts