Handgun Forum banner

What is your age group?

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm approaching 84 pretty soon and carry a S&W 642 in my pocket every day all day. Main reason I pocket carry is I wear coveralls about 90% of the time and no belt, no other place to conceal one. Can't draw real fast unless I have advance warning and then I have my hand in my pocket with revolver halfway out. If I had to quick draw from outside my pocket I would probably be pretty slow and in trouble but that's a chance I take.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was born with a single action revolver in my hand from what I hear. I'm 44. I moved to semi autos as primary SD weapons several years ago, but they aren't the first thing I grab when it's time to show the kids up on range day.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
WOW! Do you realize that most of us have progressed into an older group than when you first posted?

Bob Wright

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I think we should have to fire ammunition that matches our age.
If you're 9, then 9 mm
IF you're 30 and 6 months, then 30 ought 6
(Hope I don't make it to 90, won't be able to raise it, much less handle the recoil)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
I think we should have to fire ammunition that matches our age.
If you're 9, then 9 mm
IF you're 30 and 6 months, then 30 ought 6
(Hope I don't make it to 90, won't be able to raise it, much less handle the recoil)
Neither Ruger nor Colt make a .77 Single Action.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought there might be an over 70 group. I'm 73 and own:
11 - semi autos
2- .22's
1 - .380
4 - 9 mm
3 - 9x18 Mak
1 - .45 ACP

8 - revolvers
1 - .32
4 - .38
2 - .357
1 - S & W 500
I guess my Beretta 92A1 and Glock 19 Gen 4 are two of my favorite semi autos. My S & W .38 Airweight would be my preference in revolvers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
IDK 65, 56, 39, 93 who cares my trigger finger works, still have good aim at 65 lol.

Autos, revolvers what's the diff? Autos I can take them or leave them, 1911/45acp I can take you to church at the range.
Revolvers we're going to the 100yd range. Nothing is out of touch. Practice, practice practice,,,,,,,,,,

I been there when dynosaurs and muscle cars ruled the planet. These little rice burners couldn't hold a candle to a build Chevy big block power. It's ground shaking fear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there anyone older than 68? I was just wondering because I have a friend on this forum who is 68. LOL :mrgreen:
81 years young today! Still shooting, reloading my own ammo, hunting & playing a lot of golf. Oh ya!! I like beer!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hey, putting the 60 - over 60 group at the bottom of the list makes us feel really old.

Like, maybe we shouldn't be buying green bananas.

·
Supporting Member
5,681 Posts
One year older then last year physically. Mentally I've stabilized , I've been rejuvenated since the election of trump.
can you imagine if Hillary had won, I would mentally, possibly physically age at an abnormal rate.
For those atheists or those that need a sign from above,,,,,We GOT IT. :smt038

·
Registered
408 Posts
I guess I must be old cause I can't remember. I love revolvers for some reason. All the shooting I have done, I have yet to wear a gun out - imagine that.

·
Supporting Member
5,681 Posts
I guess I must be old cause I can't remember. I love revolvers for some reason. All the shooting I have done, I have yet to wear a gun out - imagine that.
Depends on one's definition of wearing out, IMO.

What is your consideration of wearing out? It differs from each user. IMO , there's not many wrong answers here.
But preferences may differ from one user to the next.
Merry Christmas
:smt1099

181 - 200 of 202 Posts