Handgun Forum banner

What is your age group?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Hi Bob, :-D
you must think us revolver people are older (extra catagory 60+) I still shoot autos also including my department issue Sig Pro 2340. I was the first man on our department to carry a 9mm DA auto in the 1970's. We got a new Chief in 1979 and we all had to carry revolvers for over 10 years when we were finally issued weapons.(Sig P228 in 9mm.) :lol: Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I guess I feel younger in the summer, for Carry S&W 340PD (wheelgun) and a SIG 239 SAS .40 (auto)for cooler weather. My age? 59.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Re: What is you age group?

Bob Wright said:
If your preference is auto pistols, please respond under that group

Bob Wright
Bob I put 50 and older cuz on July the 9th I turn 50 :smt119 but having said that I don't own a .50 GI yet. A couple of wheel guns. 2 five shooters .38 spl and .45 ACP, and 1 six shooter in .44 mag.

I don't know who won the west, the .45 Colt or the .44 or the 44-40 but it sure must have been wild.

I come to the conclusion that I just love the .45 caliber regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Re: What is you age group?

JB said:
Bob Wright said:
If your preference is auto pistols, please respond under that group

Bob Wright
Bob I put 50 and older cuz on July the 9th I turn 50 :smt119 but having said that I don't own a .50 GI yet. A couple of wheel guns. 2 five shooters .38 spl and .45 ACP, and 1 six shooter in .44 mag.

I don't know who won the west, the .45 Colt or the .44 or the 44-40 but it sure must have been wild.

I come to the conclusion that I just love the .45 caliber regardless.
DEAR SIR,
The white lie police now have you in our sites--you will shortly receive notification as where to forward all firearms now in you domain to be properly disposed of;;failure to comply could result in a laugh... :twisted: :twisted: :-D :-D

RJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Re: What is you age group?

RONNIE J said:
DEAR SIR,
The white lie police now have you in our sites--you will shortly receive notification as where to forward all firearms now in you domain to be properly disposed of;;failure to comply could result in a laugh... :twisted: :twisted: :-D :-D

RJ
THAT sounds like a direct quote from AARP :smt071

:smt046 :smt046 :smt046
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I really enjoy shooting both about equally. I prefer to carry my semi-autos, if for no other reason than round capacity. I don't shoot one any better than the other so that is not an issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Re: What is you age group?

JB said:
RONNIE J said:
DEAR SIR,
The white lie police now have you in our sites--you will shortly receive notification as where to forward all firearms now in you domain to be properly disposed of;;failure to comply could result in a laugh... :twisted: :twisted: :-D :-D

RJ
THAT sounds like a direct quote from AARP :smt071

:smt046 :smt046 :smt046
That's why they(AARP) don't get my money each year and the gun forums and NRA do ;-)

RJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,353 Posts
I appear to be one of the youngsters of the group at 26. :) Still loving my revolvers, though! Hey, I thought of you today at work, actually, and this made me think of it. I had a guy asking for a good defense handgun and I walked him over to the revolvers. He looks at me and says, "I thought all you kids refused to touch these things!"

And yes, I do feel personally insulted when people scoff revolvers and say, "No, I want a real gun." I know you don't get much more real than my 686, and I usually tell them so, too. Had a girl got real nasty about the revolvers the other day and I couldn't help it. "Well if you need 17 rounds, that's fine. But personally, I can get the job done with six rounds. You might want to consider trying our range out and getting some practice in." I just couldn't help myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,740 Posts
I am two days older than baseball, and I carry both at different times. That's a real wore out old 60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Part of the majority - for a couple more years, anyway. I like revolvers and autopistols.........as long ans they go bang. :smt071
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Baldy said:
I am two days older than baseball, and I carry both at different times. That's a real wore out old 60.
Did you ever stop to think that a baseball game was being played while General Custer was getting his command shot up? Even Yankee soldiers played baseball during the Civil War.

And, yeah, I know Custer was only a colonel, but he was a Brevet General at the time of Little Big Horn.

Bob Wright
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,740 Posts
He was also a glory hound that got his troops wiped out.
 
1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Top