Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Family of three and their Dog found dead for no apparent reason. On the trail all seemed to be struck down at once with no marks on the bodies. The "Authorities" are waiting for the toxicology report due in two to three weeks. It's been over four and still nothing?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a Hiker I'm very interested. Toxicology takes two to three weeks. It's been over a month.

·
Registered
564 Posts
As a hiker I too have been watching this and still interested in the outcome.
Jeremy Briese, the sheriff of Mariposa County, said the deaths had confounded him and his team, “I’ve been here for 20 years and I’ve never seen a death, with any case, like this. There’s no obvious indicators of how it occurred . . . you have two healthy adults, you have a healthy child and what appeared to be a healthy canine all within a general same area, deceased. It’s frustrating and we’re not going to rest . . . it’s devastating to everyone”

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
As a hiker I too have been watching this and still interested in the outcome.
Jeremy Briese, the sheriff of Mariposa County, said the deaths had confounded him and his team, “I’ve been here for 20 years and I’ve never seen a death, with any case, like this. There’s no obvious indicators of how it occurred . . . you have two healthy adults, you have a healthy child and what appeared to be a healthy canine all within a general same area, deceased. It’s frustrating and we’re not going to rest . . . it’s devastating to everyone”
There were several references of algae blooms as a cause. I am a sceptic because having two well travelled adults who cared for their daughter and their pup would know about the risks of bad water.

Reactions: Tangof

·
Registered
564 Posts
It is possible they let their guard down concerning the water but I too am VERY skeptic. The outcome of the tests will tell a tale when released. Very important for hikers to KNOW safe water sources and prepare for the trip.
*I am having some trouble getting any updates here locally. It is possible I need to take some time and look harder. Will look tonight when I get back home.

Reactions: Tangof

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not buying the water thing at all.

·
Registered
564 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts