Discussion Starter #1
My P99 work horse with it's Aessi holster:

New rail P99 vs. Original rail (center and right):

P99 2000 Commerative (never been fired):

That's what is in my wallet!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I picked this up two days ago. P99QA 40sw. I can't hit a thing with it yet. I benched rested it and I know it's accurate. I hope to shoot good with it after another 2 to 4 hundred rounds. I love to hold it and I call it my eye candy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so Denny, that's the Picattiny rail, I think ... :smt017

Nice pistol spacedoggy! Hang in there, it will come around! :plasma:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
To me, it looks like something is between the light and the gun fame - some sort of rail conversion... Unless that is how the light is made...

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
The smallest backstrap is a bit flatter, if I remember correctly.

IMHO, the P99 in A/S is the best handgun out there.

On the 7th day, before god rested, he created the P99 :p :p :-D :-D :p :p :wink:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like the P99 and I fired 300 rds out of mine Friday. The only thing I don't like is when I fire a lot of rounds my trigger finger gets sore on the very end from rubbing the mag release. I wish they made the trigger just a little bit larger. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's on a Picattiny rail. What's next to the trigger gaurd is the switch. Up it stays on and down you have to hold it. I'll post a pic of it off the pistol for you today with info. I really like the light. My son took it last night and is dropping it off today. $129.00

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's a LAS/TAC 2 the fins on the back turn it on and off. You can use your trigger fingure or left index when holding both hands.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hberttmank said:
The only thing I don't like is when I fire a lot of rounds my trigger finger gets sore on the very end from rubbing the mag release. I wish they made the trigger just a little bit larger. Anyone else have this problem?
This has been a common complaint. Some peoples finger extends far enough past the trigger to rub on the magazine release. Either try to use just the tip of your finger when shooting (best) or you can file just a little bit off the top of the Mag release...
For me, I found that it was the little roll at the tip of the trigger. You have to look close to see it. This little bit of a nub was enough to cause me discomfort after about 100 rounds. My solution was to file that nub flush with the rest of the trigger... Unless you looked VERY close, you'd never know what I did...
Before you do anything to your pistol, I suggest you scrutinize your hold to determine EXACTLY what might be causing your particular discomfort...
I have NO problems with my P99 now... Good luck!

Thanks for the pictures spacedoggy, that pretty well clears that up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts