Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
I wonder whether a citizen can get injunctive relief against the police.

I think that I'd do that preëmptively, since I have guns around the house.
Then, if a relative or a neighbor was planning to steal my guns to commit a crime, the police would be stymied by my protective order, and could only inform me of those criminal plans.

(As if. :rolleyes:)

Welcome to the new American Police State. You'll be completely safe here. We promise.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I wonder whether a citizen can get injunctive relief against the police.

I think that I'd do that preëmptively, since I have guns around the house.
Then, if a relative or a neighbor was planning to steal my guns to commit a crime, the police would be stymied by my protective order, and could only inform me of those criminal plans.

(As if. :rolleyes:)

Welcome to the new American Police State. You'll be completely safe here. We promise.
Hah. That relief is unlikely - but the police and the judge really ought to know what the hell they're doing, eh? Jeez, I hope that ain't another 'as if'. ;)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Before I have an opinion of this situation, I'd need a few details.
The article said the guns were "locked up." That can mean anything from a child-proof trigger lock that an adult can remove to one of those fancy wood display cabinets with a lock on the glass front that anyone could get into....which is the same as leaving guns lying around on tables.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Constitutionality is the issue.
How or where the guns were secured is really not germane to the case.
It was an illegal taking under almost any circumstance short of the relative's direct involvement in the plot to shoot-up the school.

Did the relative incite the kids to do it?
Was the relative involved in the planning, or know about it?
Did the relative promise the kids that they could have unimpeded access?
If any of those are true, then the taking could possibly have been legal and constitutional.

Otherwise, not so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts