Handgun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has got to be a better way to upload pics...most other forums have a feature where you select upload pic, and it shows either upload from URL, or just browse from within one's PC picture file...this business of going to another web site hosting pics is not sat...anyway, thought I would just vent. ;-)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Actually, every gun site I have ever been to requires linking from the outside. That's just the way these boards work, to my knowledge. Howhard is it to put the

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard for me...

DennyCrane said:
Actually, every gun site I have ever been to requires linking from the outside. That's just the way these boards work, to my knowledge. Howhard is it to put the

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dustoff '68 said:
There has got to be a better way to upload pics...most other forums have a feature where you select upload pic, and it shows either upload from URL, or just browse from within one's PC picture file...this business of going to another web site hosting pics is not sat...anyway, thought I would just vent. ;-)
I'm curious... could you let me know which site has this feature... I'd like to know what software they are using...

Thanks! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now I've got more time to reply to this... I was at work earlier... 8)

Anyway, That would be a pretty cool feature to have...but, there are a couple of issues with that. First... Space (on the server) to allow for pictures. While not an issue now, a year from now could be another story. Second, bandwidth... If I host all the photos on my server, everytime a picture is viewed on a page, that eats up my bandwidth. Like every site on the net, everyone is only allowed a certain amount of bandwidth per month on their server. I'm getting ready, tonight as a matter of fact, to switch hosting companies. I need a more stable server and more bandwidth. Last month I reached my alloted amount and had to throw in a few extra bucks to cover it...no big deal. I want to keep this free for everyone and I do not want to ask for donations, period.

Right now I'm allowing everyone, if they want to, to upload their avatars to my server account... again, no big deal...that's why I have posted size rules and what not for avatars. These are small enough that it doesn't eat up to much bandwidth. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
js said:
Second, bandwidth... If I host all the photos on my server, everytime a picture is viewed on a page, that eats up my bandwidth.
Yes, JS has to pay for every letter we type - and each photo costs him Tree-fity ($3.50) :-D :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.