Handgun Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
New to forum and first time gun owner - have owned shotguns for years. Bought a new SD40VE for Christmas. Went out to test fire. Loaded the clip with 14 rounds, pulled the trigger, and nothing. Checked both clips - same result. Checked to make sure it is loading in chamber, and all seems fine. Suggestions?
Are you getting a strike mark on the bullet casings primer?

I've been very happy with my 9VE over the last couple of years I've owned it. It has always been 100% with no problems. I'm probably one of the few people that actually like the trigger. It works like it was designed to work.
I have one of the older SW40VE's, and I like the 8 pound trigger as well. I have owned that gun for about 4 years now, and it has always ran fine for me. I have put about 600 rounds through mine, and still don't remember any sort of jamming issues.

I have taken my new SD40VE to the range a few times, loaded 14 in the mag and fired with no issues. I have used Winchester 165g FMJ, Sellier & Bellot 180g FMJ and Winchester PDX1 JHP. If you are having issues I would contact S&W and send it in for repair. Send the mags with it also. Good luck!

Bought the sd40ve, and I not too happy, not a first time gun buyer, have had many through out the years, I took my canik tp9sfx and sd40ve as they are my newest, shot a round through the ve and second and third round would not feed. Slide would not close all the way, bit shot the rest fine. No problems with my canik, must be that old saying you pay for what you get for, buy come on I wish my sd40ve would just shoot right. My springfield .40 conceal carry also jams at times, is it that .40 caliber is that bad, never had any trouble with any other caliber.

Anyone who says that has never owned one, not to rain on your parade but if I was an LEO I would NOT take an SD40VE over Glock, Sig, or HK and I assure you they are worth the extra money.

It's not that your SD40VE is a bad gun, its just those guns are indeed worth the extra money. You get alot trust me.
Yeah, I have to agree, but the OP is excited about his S&W. I agree with him too. I had one in .40, about ten years ago, and I shot the snot out of it...never gave me any issues.

I like S&W semi auto pistols, the M&P has awsome build qaulity I just cant get past their mushy articulating triger. Once they have been replaced $$ by a Apex though their champs. But by then youve added 130$ to the price of the gun. And these days their are just to many qaulity guns out their (Springfield ,CZ ,Glock etc) with very nice trigers in the 450-600$ range If were talking about duty guns.

I like S&W semi auto pistols, the M&P has awsome build qaulity I just cant get past their mushy articulating triger. Once they have been replaced $$ by a Apex though their champs. But by then youve added 130$ to the price of the gun. And these days their are just to many qaulity guns out their (Springfield ,CZ ,Glock etc) with very nice trigers in the 450-600$ range If were talking about duty guns.

I have had a regular M&P - version 1. And yea, the trigger really sucked. The 2.0 triggers were better. But, the newest 2.0 triggers are similar to the Shield Plus triggers. Not exact, but flat and similar. They seem to be a bit better.

I will say that they nailed the trigger on the Shield Plus.

Are they still two piece articulating?? I have truly had a MP on my list with the understanding that the triger will have to go for a aftermarket unit. My brother I.L did his 4.5" 9mm with a Apex and its awsome a pleasure to shoot. Ive always liked the M&P slide serations and cosmetic finish way more than my Glocks.

Are they still two piece articulating?? I have truly had a MP on my list with the understanding that the triger will have to go for a aftermarket unit. My brother I.L did his 4.5" 9mm with a Apex and its awsome a pleasure to shoot. Ive always liked the M&P slide serations and cosmetic finish way more than my Glocks.
The first generation M&P 2.0 triggers were designed the same as the original M&Ps triggers visually (the 2 piece trigger). But the trigger pull was a little better..

The NEWEST, flat face triggers for the M&P series are totally designed, though. They look almost like a Shield Plus trigger. But, they have not put the new trigger into all of the M&P models yet. Right now, it appears that they only come in the optics ready models that also have suppressor height sights.

When they come out with the Performance Center models that have the newest, flat faced trigger.... I may get one again.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.