Handgun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Me? Condition 1.
Always Condition 1... Except when I've borrowed Jean's DAO Kel-Tec. I guess that it's normal state is a kind of Condition 2.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Condition ZERO if you can apply that to my G19. (can we get a ruling?) Maybe ONE if you count the trigger safety.

GW

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Those 'conditions' seem to apply mainly to 1911 and similar.... ??
Wouldn't say,,a revolver,..?? Have different'conditions'...???
Condition 2-Hammer down on a fully-loaded pistol?
(Except for the SAA, which probably is carried in Condition 3.)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Condition 1 in any firearm that has the capability. With my other carry guns, I guess it would be considered condition 0 or condition 2.

·
Registered
463 Posts
What internet Yeager-ator sits around and thinks this stuff up?

·
Registered
463 Posts
That would be Colonel Jeff Cooper.

GW
Article is credited to "Staff Writer", so there is that. As for Col Jeff Cooper, I did look him up at the mention. You'd think being a Marine I would have heard of him, but, no.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
When I owned a '1911', it was carried condition 1 - because nothing else made sense. My CZ75 clone is carried condition 2 with safety on, for multiple reasons - including confusing a 'grabber'.

·
Registered
268 Posts
These days my main carry is a DA/SA, so a round in the chamber, no safety, hammer down.
With a 1911 or 1911 type action I would carry cocked and locked, in a good holster. No way would I pocket carry one of those 'mini' 1911's cocked and locked.
Although I don't pocket carry at all so.....

Sam

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
I pocket-carried for about 20 years.
The pistol was DAO (AMT .45 Backup), in a Robert Mika holster.
It was just as safe as a belt-carried pistol, and required just as much care in making presentations.
However, the gun required much more frequent cleaning and maintenance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts