Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
99 with heat index or 119 right now. Not sure if they were promising 100+ today, but we got there the past few. No fun so far. Too hot too early, and my garden is toast. Ripped a lot of it out, but can't bring myself to tear out the large bed. I keep hoping it will start to produce, but will take it out soon in prep for fall.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sure beats snow but then, I'm just happy to wake up each morning and see the world.
We don't see much snow, but get the other end of it. Oh well, we all have our nemesis.
Higgy is on the Gulf Coast. When it hits triples there it is just a whole new type of misery.

Reactions: Higgy Baby

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it actually hit 102 here, also in Grand Bay and Pascagoula.
I was worried about my a/c. It is 17 years old and struggled through it....temp inside got up to 81.5 with thermo set at 77. I am thankful it didn't trip out. I had to get a breaker replaced last summer and I got prices on a new 2.5 ton unit- wow it was $8-10k. OMG! I'll let this old one struggle along as long as possible.

You folks be careful out in that heat. Stay hydrated.......(with water- not beer!)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well it actually hit 102 here, also in Grand Bay and Pascagoula.
I was worried about my a/c. It is 17 years old and struggled through it....temp inside got up to 81.5 with thermo set at 77. I am thankful it didn't trip out. I had to get a breaker replaced last summer and I got prices on a new 2.5 ton unit- wow it was $8-10k. OMG! I'll let this old one struggle along as long as possible.

You folks be careful out in that heat. Stay hydrated.......(with water- not beer!)
AC units ain't cheap. Finding a crew that knows what they are doing is priceless. Had the indoor unit replaced last year. They left the attic in a mess. Came out 3 times because the unit wasn't right, sweat all summer in the house and electric usage went way up. I cleaned up the mess in the attic, and reattached the bracing and supports they cut and left.
Called a company this year, mostly to check things and see what they could see, and the house was at a new level of comfort when the guy left. This before replacing the outside unit, not very compatible with the new unit and 18 years old and over pressuring, and fixing more things the other guys screwed up. They left the unit in factory default instead of placing it in operational mode. 8 speed fan was running on the lowest speed and sucking attic air, while leaking cool air into the attic.
Jackwagns.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Though in Oregon we sometimes see the low 80's.... J/K, we do occasionally get 100, even a streak of it, Last June was extremely rare, we hit 112, 112, and 113. I had vinyl siding, it melted. Just bent out of shape really but it looked bad. Insurance claimed it was caused by the decorative wrought Iron and would not pay. I had Hardie Board, a concrete derived siding installed and painted. Close to $60,000 all told, but it will hold up and it looks good.. Before I thought the house was a kind of light blue/gray, but now it is Biege. Everyone else says it's the same. I am NOT color blind, just color challenged.
Had a new roof done while we were at it, the old one was coming up in several areas and other damage, we could have milked it another two or three years, I guess. Done now anyway, at least they brought it up to the 2017 local code for ventilation. We might see a difference in A/C bills this year, bound to be less than last year in any case. My wife will know and tell me, she is a human electrical power calculator!
Usually, summer is a low 90's affair around here. must be somebody's fault! I'll blame the exiting Governor, just because. She deserves a lot of blame anyway; I'll add a little more

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
*78 and sunny up on the 45th parallel. Six months ago it was colder than a well diggers ax handle. Pick your poison boys!

Reactions: LostinTexas

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its a cooler 95 today....inside temp today only up to 79. I can FEEL the difference. I can live with it.
Weatherman says expect tipple digits again Wed- Thur. And next month- July is typically the hot one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts