Handgun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Post your pics and/or thoughts about the current crop of rail mounted tactical lights and lasers. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I have a Glock 34 that is my night stand gun, and it has a tac light on it - a Glock light. I think it has its uses on something you might need in the dark for protection.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Is that an M3? I can't tell.

I shot my gun w/ the light on for several rounds, and I luckily had no problems. I then took it off just so I didn't get the light full of gun powder. The G34 has a longer barrel, though, and the light does not extend past the muzzle. So, it never really got that dirty at all.

·
Supporting Member
891 Posts
Ledwave Z-5

Great light for the money. If you are like me and not a LEO and just want something to slip on at night this is hard to beat.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I was tempted to get one of those lights for another gun - like the one U have on your XD. BUt, I only really need a light on my nightstand gun.

Why do they charge so much for these suckers :p

Niche market, I guess.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the X2L. Same one as tex45acp posted but with the laser dot. Fresh out of the box, it was shooting low and left at 7 yards.

I still use the iron sights at the range but I keep it on my gun for home defense. Acquiring a target seems so much quicker.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Shipwreck said:
I was tempted to get one of those lights for another gun - like the one U have on your XD. BUt, I only really need a light on my nightstand gun.

Why do they charge so much for these suckers :p

Niche market, I guess.
It has to be the size and brightness. That little light is at least 2X brighter that my 6D cell Maglite flashlight. I accidentally shined it into my sons eyes at a distance of about 10' when I first bought it. It took him about 5 minutes to be able to see again.........and that was in broad daylight. He told me it was like looking into the sun at high noon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gunut, How do you like your rail ? what brand is it ? I just got an M9 and I am looking for a rail + light
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
Well, if we're going to resurrect a long-dead 6-year-old thread, I might as well add a photo to it:

It is a Streamlight TLR-1 with a C4 LED. I've used it on Glocks in 9mm, .40, and .45ACP with no problems at all, as well as on several AR-style carbines. I was happy enough with this first one that I now own two of them, and several other Streamlight products. Good stuff, in my experience (no connection to the company, or any company that sells them, other than being a satisfied customer).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts