Handgun Forum banner

Site Upgrade

6K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  VietVet68 
#1 · (Edited)
I've upgraded the site to the newest forum software...4.0.3, which should be quite obvious at this point. :rolleyes:

I'm going to be upgrading more in the coming days and weeks. So for now it's pretty much bare bones until I can create graphics and more. This was a major upgrade, so there are some new features. I'm still looking into them and have actually disabled a few until I can get a better understanding on how they work. Also, the "Gallery" will be down for some time, New php has to written. So be patient.

So anyway, take a look around... and enjoy. :smt023

#4 ·
Wow!! I thought I was lost for a second. Thanks for providing this forum and keeping it up to date.

#12 ·
I'm just curious, do you know if they're going to update the Twisted Dark skin for vB4? I know a lot of designers are waiting out some changes. Are you planning on using a different skin or modifying the default? Just curiosities. :mrgreen:

#14 ·
I'm just curious, do you know if they're going to update the Twisted Dark skin for vB4? I know a lot of designers are waiting out some changes. Are you planning on using a different skin or modifying the default? Just curiosities. :mrgreen:
Not sure when the Twisted Dark skin will be done... I know they have a lot of work to do. This new version of vb is a total rewrite. Totally new code.

I'll modify this theme a bit... but I've got to relearn the code as well, so until I get more comfortable with it I'll just make little changes here and there. Theme and Skin creators are also having to relearn everything as well... so I figure it's going to be slow going for sometime.

#16 ·
Went through a lot of this when I opened my forum.
All the new options can be a real headache, over half the forum was locked down for over a month while I figured things out, and I slowly opened things back up.

The old forum was very nice though, I really liked it. But this software can be configure almost the exact same way, though it may be hard finding a skin/theme that looks like the old one unless you have some one that can convert the old theme or make a new one.

Any way it is still the same great forum.

#20 ·
:smt038:smt041:smt180Ya know it's not hard to confuse me... but you floored me on this one. I have this forum on my tool bar and I thought I erased it. Took me a couple of minutes. Thanks js great job. Heys everyone check out the blog section test, the "guitarist" is great.

#26 ·
I wish I knew how to capture a screen shot..but that doesn't look like mine...... Internet Explorer.
Which Version IE? I just tried it with IE 8 and it looks like JS's screen shot.

Looks ok using Google Chrome as well.

I prefer Firefox...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.