Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a nut for good leather and I thought this would be a topic most could join in on. This is my Rosen between the belt and pants with sharkskin trim for my Glock 27. No, I didn't pay full price, I bought it on E-Bay. Regards, Richard :-D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shipwreck,

I have a the same holster for my Gock 19 and 23. It took me a long time to get it broken in, the strap was too short. I talked to Lou Alessi and he told me to dampen the strap to get it to stretch and then retreat the leather with Lexol. I did as Uncle Lou advised and it is a good holster. I picked mine up from a holster barrel in a gunshop for $30.

This is my 4" S&W M629-2 with a Kramer belt holster I bought from Dillon. The same holster works for my 4" Models 625 and 28-2.

Regards,

Richard :-D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are two more kramer holsters I have. Both holsters are IWB "Duane Thomas" and "#2" and the caption tells what the pistols are. Regards, Richard :-D

Kramers with Bastard and Glock 19:

·
Super Moderator
12,385 Posts
Richard said:
Shipwreck,

I have a the same holster for my Glock 19 and 23. It took me a long time to get it broken in, the strap was too short. I talked to Lou Alessi and he told me to dampen the strap to get it to stretch and then retreat the leather with Lexol. I did as Uncle Lou advised and it is a good holster. I picked mine up from a holster barrel in a gunshop for $30.
Well, mine fits fine. I paid more than $30, though. I got it from Midway USA last Dec.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shipwreck, it is like you always said about me; what is that? Even a blind squirel occasionally finds a nut!

Hal8000, I have a couple of Uncle Lou's CQC holsters and they are great.

I am amazed at how many quality leather makers there are.

Regards,

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This a holster for a 1911 that you do not see often, it is by Horseshoe leather in England. The first photo is the actual color, I do not know what happened with the color in photo #2.

Regards,

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are Milt Sparks Mirage belt slides, they make a great range holster or CCW rig for shorter barreled handguns. Why shorter barrels? The barrel on a 1911 etc. tends to show below the covering garment. Regards, Richard :-D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RONNIE J, very nice. I as guessing it is one of Jerry Lee's Haugen holsters, am I wrong? Regards, Richard :-D

The holster on the left is a Haugen and the one on the right a Rosen:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RONNIE J, bad guess on my part, it looks first class all the way! Regards, Richard :-D

Sig P239 with Alessi belt slide:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: RAPTOR SNAKE SKIN

RONNIE J said:
KIMBER RAPTOR II / DIAMONDBACK GRIPS AND SHARK HOLSTER BY THE BELTMAN.

RON
I do not know if I like the 1911 or holster better. How does the Raptor shoot and how is the holster for carry? Regards, Richard :-D

·
Registered
50 Posts
No pic's, but I've got some nice leather from:

Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo, Texas.

Quality products, at affordable prices, and damn nice persons
too do business with~! :-D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: RAPTOR SNAKE SKIN

[/quote]

I do not know if I like the 1911 or holster better. How does the RAPTOR shoot and how is the holster for carry? Regards, Richard :-D[/quote]

Richard,
The RAPTOR is one of the best shooting 45's I have ever held --you point it will hit--point of aim is just unbelievable for an out of the box gun.
The holster carries well and conceals a 5 inch very well, I like the FBI cant because I am in a wheelchair and it feels better when seated and this one is a no cant carry but the way Jim made it , the carry still works for me and is one of my most prized, as he no longer make holsters due to the increase in the belt production.

Best
Ron

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ala Dan said:
No pic's, but I've got some nice leather from:

Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo, Texas.

Quality products, at affordable prices, and damn nice persons
too do business with~! :-D
I just got a TSS from Kirkpatrick in the mail today. I'm gonna test it against my Alessi CQC/s and see which one I like better.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts