Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
OK. It's a method.
I don't like it, and I taught my (petite) wife a very different method.

While in my scheme of things, the "other" hand's primary job is retrieving and inserting the fresh reload magazine, first it has to help the shooter rotate the pistol so that the "strong-side" hand's thumb presses the magazine release.
From there, while the expended magazine drops free, the "other" hand has a quick, short drop to the reload. Grasp it. Pull it upward. Rotate it so that the cartridges and feed lips are pointing up. Shove it into the pistol...hard.
The "other" hand pushes the pistol back into firing position in the "strong-side" hand, and proper grip and sight picture are reëstablished. Done. Commence firing.

If you can maintain enough cool to count your rounds, and if you leave the last one unfired in the chamber, you don't even have to rack the slide.

·
Banned
52 Posts
OK. It's a method.
I don't like it, and I taught my (petite) wife a very different method.

While in my scheme of things, the "other" hand's primary job is retrieving and inserting the fresh reload magazine, first it has to help the shooter rotate the pistol so that the "strong-side" hand's thumb presses the magazine release.
From there, while the expended magazine drops free, the "other" hand has a quick, short drop to the reload. Grasp it. Pull it upward. Rotate it so that the cartridges and feed lips are pointing up. Shove it into the pistol...hard.
The "other" hand pushes the pistol back into firing position in the "strong-side" hand, and proper grip and sight picture are reëstablished. Done. Commence firing.

If you can maintain enough cool to count your rounds, and if you leave the last one unfired in the chamber, you don't even have to rack the slide.
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts