Handgun Forum banner

She’s here - Beretta 92X Performance

3K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  berettatoter 
#1 ·
Hello friends,

She finally came in today. I also ordered a different grip so I will post that when it’s on….

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Another newbie question, is it bad to get a feel for the pistol and run it through it’s paces (obviously not loaded) or is that bad for the mechanicals?

Kindly,
Stephen

See less See more
#11 ·
You mean dry fire it .. it’s fine dry fire away
Get as much familiar as you can ..
Take it down , clean & lube
Run it wet to break in
Happy shooting 😆
I would not dry fire it excessively. Believe it or not, you can break a firing pin on a 92 if you dry fire too much. I have seen HKs with broken firing pins from excessive dry firing.

But some dry firing is okay.

#6 ·
48 oz. empty?
Sorry but that equals a couple of G19s in weight and cost.
Am I missing some qualities that make the Beretta two times better?
At three pounds the recoil cannot be too bad, but that can't be it.
It's pretty, but beauty is function done right IMHO.
Just messing with you.
Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy your new Beretta, I am envious.
Thanks for making my five inch Garrison stop asking if my DeSantis holster made it look fat! 😉😉😉😉

#10 ·
48 oz. empty?
Sorry but that equals a couple of G19s in weight and cost.
Am I missing some qualities that make the Beretta two times better?
At three pounds the recoil cannot be too bad, but that can't be it.
It's pretty, but beauty is function done right IMHO.
Just messing with you.
Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy your new Beretta, I am envious.
Thanks for making my five inch Garrison stop asking if my DeSantis holster made it look fat! 😉😉😉😉
Well, be aware that this is not a normal 92FS. It is a steel framed version, not aluminum. And, it is more of a competition gun similar to a CZ Shadow.

I looked at these, the high end CZ Shadows, the steel framed Walthers... But with all the muscle issues in my neck and shoulders, I did not want a gun that heavy anymore.

That is why I went with the Combat Master. Much lighter. Otherwise, I would have 1 or 2 of those steel framed Berettas.

#25 ·
If you want to dry fire, get a laserlyte training cartridge. It projects a laser pulse at your target and will protect from dry fire damage.

Attachments

#29 ·
Read here:

And not completely relevant to your question, but an interesting read:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.