Handgun Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just joined the forum. These are SW22 pistols with Tandemkross features, and Aimpoint red dots sight that I have been using for Bullseye league shooting. They like CCI Standard velocity ammo. Just getting acquainted, my shooting interests are varied and I have nearly 70 years of shooting experience.
*Welcome to the forum from Ohio. You have some good looking shooters there! I love all things rimfire and to each his own. I am a Ruger fan but just bought the G44 and like it. My neighbor is a S&W fan and like yours his shooters are tack drivers.
*Glad to have you here! Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want to get a semi-auto .22, but I'm stuck between 2 models...

Sig Mosquito
Walther P22

Then of course there's always Advantage Arms .22lr Conversion Kit for my Glock 23....but I'm more for getting a whole other pistol.

Any recommendations/advice?
Mitch- I have had both of these pistols. The Mosquito is poorly made and jams frequently, it's a 6 out of 10. The P22 is a better gun, since they fixed its' mag problems a few years ago, it is now a reliable performer, an 8/10. I would recommend over either one, the Ruger SR22, shoots everything right out of the box. It's a 9/10 easy, but it is more expensive than the Walther,

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Well, after shooting this a bit, I have come to expect it to run great with quality ammo...it runs great for sure. Now, I would not plan to carry it, for I have many better choices to choose from, but if I had too, this one would perforate a BG quickly and accurately.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Accuracy: Ruger MKII 6 7/8" barrel. Reliability also. All around good guns: Ruger SR22,
S&W 22 Compact, BERSA T 22 ( HV Only) . TX22 16 shot's! Very accurate and reliable. I was going to say inexpensive, but not currently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had quite a few different brands but the only one I have not sold is my Browning Buck Mark Target. It is a hole in a hole shooter (when I do my part) and has never had a malfunction, which is uncommon for .22 semi autos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all..first post here on the forum.
Just wanted to share my latest addition. I have been looking for one these for a good while since buying just about any firearm is getting harder to find depending...
Beretta M9-22LR.....hope to give it a whirl this weekend..The pic was taken by the dealer on armslist....Picking it up Saturday morning.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Just wanted to share my latest addition. I have been looking for one these for a good while since buying just about any firearm is getting harder to find depending...
Beretta M9-22LR.....hope to give it a whirl this weekend..The pic was taken by the dealer on armslist....Picking it up Saturday morning.
View attachment 19668
Oh my, that's sure pretty! How did it shoot?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was going through my safe and in the back I found this Chiappa Puma 1911-22. I won it in a local fund raiser for the Fire Department. It cost me a $10 ticket. It's not a target gun but is is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh my, that's sure pretty! How did it shoot?
Got out yesterday a little. Mainly wanted to get some shots thru it for break in.
I have several bricks of Wolf Match Target. They always shot pretty good in just about every 22 i put them thru. I went thru 50 of them. Every 3 or 4 it wouldnt rack the slide hard enough to cock the hammer but it would eject the spent case fine. Groups werent as good as i hoped but since it didnt cycle good with the Wolf....it really doesnt matter. My U22 Neos loves the Wolf.
I took along 50 Remington Goldens Hollow Points. They all ejected well, always racked the slide totally and believe it or not....no misfires...lol.
These actually patterned better than the Wolfs.
Once i run a brick thru it...ill get more serious about ammo selection. I have a bunch of various CCI's I will try in it eventually...
I really enjoyed shooting it...SA was pretty smooth....DA somewhat heavy. Point of aim was low as so many others have stated (changed front sight when i got home). I really dont expect it to make enough difference so Ill probly look into doing something different.
Like said..its a fun gun to shoot....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Got out yesterday a little. Mainly wanted to get some shots thru it for break in.
I have several bricks of Wolf Match Target. They always shot pretty goor in just about every 22 i put them thru. I went thru 50 of them. Every 3 or 4 it wouldnt rack the slide hard enough to cock the hammer but it would eject the spent case fine. Groups werent as good as i hoped but since it didnt cycle good with the Wolf....it really dont matter. My U22 Neos loves the Wolf.
I took along 50 Remington Goldens Hollow Points. They all ejected well, always racked the slide totally and believe it or not....no misfires...lol.
Once i run a brick thru it...ill get more serious about ammo selection. I have a bunch of various CCI's I will try in it eventually...
I really enjoyed shooting it...SA was pretty smooth....DA somewhat heavy. Point of aim was low as so many others have stated (changed front sight when i got home). I really dont expect it to make enough difference so Ill probly look into doing something different.
Congratulations! Very nice looking gun. I'm something of a .22 fanatic and I've found that high velocity rounds (over 1150 FPS) will always have fewer malfunctions than standard velocity no matter what gun. My BERSA M23 and T22 will FTE with SV ammunition but not with HV, Same with AA Kit for Glock 21. Ruger SR 22, TX22, Ruger MKII, S&W .22 Compact will generally work with anything but if I do get a malfunction it's a SV round. Remington Golden Bullet's get a bad rap but I have found them to be as consistent as CCI HV. Most of the bad GB's seem to come from the 1400 round "Bucket of Bullets" that get banged around a lot. In the 100 round plastic boxes they are great. Good luck with your new treasure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
View attachment 19668
Welcome, man! And what a great sexy gun you now own!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have several bricks of Wolf Match Target. They always shot pretty good in just about every 22 i put them thru. I went thru 50 of them. Every 3 or 4 it wouldnt rack the slide hard enough to cock the hammer but it would eject the spent case fine. Groups werent as good as i hoped but since it didnt cycle good with the Wolf....it really doesnt matter. My U22 Neos loves the Wolf.
Im going to a little experimenting....I have some hammer springs left over from installing Mcarbo kits in my 92FS and 96A1.
I have 13# n 14# hammer springs. I think im going to try the 14# spring.
I would like to know if anybody replaced the firing spring with a lighter one. I figured both would go hand in hand. If anybody did....what spring did you use...Thanx

101 - 113 of 113 Posts