Handgun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Reading the article is a sad indication of how many idiotic gun owners there are.
Yeah....unless loaded guns are lying around all over the house where children can get to them, they're "useless" for self defense.

Every time a tragedy occurs when children find guns, I'm reminded that laws & regulations are needed to protect kids from brain-dead parents.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
Reading the article is a sad indication of how many idiotic gun owners there are.
Yeah....unless loaded guns are lying around all over the house where children can get to them, they're "useless" for self defense.

Every time a tragedy occurs when children find guns, I'm reminded that laws & regulations are needed to protect kids from brain-dead parents.
You have set up, and then bravely defeated, a "straw man."
There was never any mention of "loaded guns...lying [sic] around all over the house where children can get to them" in the story or in the court case. Neither was there any mention of "brain-dead parents."

A defensive weapon may be carried on the person, rather than locked up and inaccessible.
Certainly, it doesn't have to be left "lying around" in order to be quickly available in an emergency.

Our grandchildren, ages seven and six, were just visiting us for a week.
My personal pistol was in its holster on my belt, as usual, when the children were in our house.
Neither the children nor their parents ever had any opportunity to access that pistol.
(Actually, nobody noticed it, not even during hugs and lap-time.)

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
We have to "right"(alert, at the ready) all time........
The criminal only has to be "right" one time......

That is why being armed is the equalizer........... :smt1099

·
Registered
928 Posts
You have set up, and then bravely defeated, a "straw man."
There was never any mention of "loaded guns...lying [sic] around all over the house where children can get to them" in the story or in the court case. Neither was there any mention of "brain-dead parents."

A defensive weapon may be carried on the person, rather than locked up and inaccessible.
Certainly, it doesn't have to be left "lying around" in order to be quickly available in an emergency.

Our grandchildren, ages seven and six, were just visiting us for a week.
My personal pistol was in its holster on my belt, as usual, when the children were in our house.
Neither the children nor their parents ever had any opportunity to access that pistol.
(Actually, nobody noticed it, not even during hugs and lap-time.)
I don't consider a holstered handgun accessible to children. I'm referring to parents who "hide" guns in the house & tell their kids, "if you find it, don't touch it."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts