Handgun Forum banner

S&W SDVE 9MM

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  wirenut 
#1 ·
I picked one up at gun show NIB and I like the little bugger, but the trigger is like 8 pounds plus. By concentrating with a two hand hold I can see the thing is inherently accurate, but that trigger pull is just too much. It makes my CZ 9's seem like match grade. Any advice on a trigger kit to improve the gun? Thanks!

Reactions: berettatoter
#4 ·
It is what it is. Not sure if there is a remedy, or if it is just "fixing" it to unreliability.
Solid, road tested tough, and reliable. Embrace the good and bad. There is a lot more good in this one.

#9 ·
Galloway also makes a trigger kit for that S&W. I had one of the old SIGMA pistol about 5 to 6 years ago, had it for about three years total, and shot the snot out of it...always did great. Yeah, it was in .40 though.

I do not remember one single malfunction with it, and the heavy trigger did not bother me a bit.

#10 ·
I bought the Apex kit and had it installed. It bought the trigger pull weight down from 9 pounds to just over five. It shoots like a good pistol should now. I'm very pleased with the result. Although I'm glued to CZ's for carry, I would carry the S&W now in a heart beat.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Reactions: berettatoter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.