Handgun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I bought a handgun off a friend of mine and got a purchase permit at the time and had him sign it and me sign. I then moved and forgot to take the gun in to get it registered after I moved until I found it recently in storage... Anybody know what to do to go about getting it registered after its been over a year since the seller signed the permit?

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Where do you live? Laws vary from State to State and sometimes (like here in NC) County to County.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have the original slips that we both signed with the serial number on it. Just never took it back up to the police station so they never got their copy completing the registration. Should I just call the police station and ask them what I should do? I'm not sure I will be able to get a hold of the seller to get another. I'm also not sure if he would even sign another since its been a year... Just not sure what I should do.

·
Registered
674 Posts
A while back I bought a handgun off a friend of mine and got a purchase permit at the time and had him sign it and me sign. I then moved and forgot to take the gun in to get it registered after I moved until I found it recently in storage... Anybody know what to do to go about getting it registered after its been over a year since the seller signed the permit?
If he is your friend, why can't he resign the paper again..or go with you to the police station to confirm your story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts