Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering of $200 is a good deal for a black refinishing on a single shot shotgun for the barrel and receiver. They will disassemble, hot dip, and reassamble my Winchester 37 for $200. Sounds good to me, just want some confirmation on this.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Sound a little high to me. I checked out a lot of refinisher's websites when I was looking at getting my pistol refinished and some of them also did long guns. Check out http://www.fordsguns.com/ as they have a good reputation. There are others out there also that do good work.

Edit: After checking Ford's and a couple of others, that $200 may not be too bad a deal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the wood today and brought the gun to the shop. He owes me a favor or two. He is going to bead-blast and Hot dip black for only $150. Better that $200. From what I understand, most Winchesters were black not blue. I am looking to make something that dosent look like it came off a shelf, but something that is mine.

The wood is being refinished by a friend of mine who is a master furniture maker and he is going to bleach the walnut and stain a birch color, much lighter. I am looking forward to getting all my pieces back and putting her back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.