Handgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
Well, even if U really want 1 - I think it's good tow ait and let a new gun design be out a year or two before buying one. Beretta had a lot of problems with the early Tomcats - And Ruger is having issues with their new 345. So, it's not too uncommon to have problems w/ a new gun.

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
I got to shoot one again yesterday - same one I shot back in Feb. Guy got the sights adjusted and it works much better.

It's "okay." Everyone has their preferences. It doesn't interest me enough to buy one. I think I shot it better than he did, but still not as well as my SW99. I also prefer my HK USP compact over it.

But that's what makes the world go around :-D

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
swilcoxaz said:
Thanks once again Shipwreck. Have you heard anything yet about when they'll arrive? I'm getting excited. I tried to call Beretta today but they didn't seem to have an appropriate option on their customer service line.
I heard anything from 1 week to the first week of Sept. The vendor here said they had 40s in stock, but the 9mm wouldn't be in until the first week of Sept.

On the Beretta Forum had a few winners there, and they were told the opposite.

The 40 is brand new, and the 9mm has been out over a month. So, it seems like the 40 would take longer.

So, really, I don't know....

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
Having shot the PX4 several times, previously owning 2 92FS pistols, and having shot the new 90 - Two... I would buy the 90 - Two. It shoots very well.

I just didn't really care for the PX4 myself. I had a cougar in the 1990s too, and it reallyw asn't a fav of mine either...

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
Well, don't know how it is there - but here, if the bank isn't posted, we can carry a CCW in the bank.

Get a safe deposit box. Carry it in a bag, and put it in the box after U clean it. Then, go get it and put it back in a bag before U leave. Most banks even have private rooms for U to take your stuff out of the box w/o anyone looking. Just put some stuff in w/ it to absorb moisture.

The 90-Two may be a big bug to CCW, though. I find that it is the grip that gives ya away - prints. Not the barrel length. So, the grip on the PX4 and 90-Two are about the same lenth. So, theoritically, they should CCW the same. But for me, either gun would probably be too big for me to CCW unless I was dressed in winter closed (2 shirts). Thats why I carry a compact P99 - the grip is shorter. Glock 26 and Springfield subcompact XD are all about the same. I usually keep my P99c in my front pocket of my cargo pants.

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
Well, I've found that pics are 1 thing - seeing it in person is another. And, comfort factor doesn't show in the pic. I don't really care for IWB carry myself - not that comfortable to me.

As fo rthe bank - I don't know. In TX, CCW is legal in a bank if they do not have the proper signage. So, if ya carry in anyway, what is the difference w/ the box.

They may have rules - but anytime I got a box, none of the paperwork limited anything on what U could store there - at least none that I saw.

Your state may be different as far as CCW and a bank.

I've never done it myself, because I never needed to. But, I would think that it should matter. Keep it unladed - maybe disasembled, if it makes ya feel any better.

A small box is like $35 a year. A bigger one is like $15 a year more.

If I were U, I'd probably do that, assuming the bank has a private room for box removal like some do. I have heard of other military guys griping about the issues they have w/ storing their personal guns in the armory,a nd then having people there use it w/o permission.

Can U use a trigger lock and store it in the armory, or do they insist on the key? I guess U might ruin the gun if you kept disassembling it and removed a spring or firing pin over and over...

· Administrator
14,296 Posts
Well, I saw someone complaining about it on another site - theyw ere in the military and in the same situation - they claimed that people in the armory would routinely use the private weapons. And, if they require a key to the gun, that would be the same as not locking it...

Anyway, good luck.

I won a free 90-Two, and am patiently waiting for Beretta to send it to my local store. Can't wait to get it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.