Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's property tax like? I have a mortgage payment of approx $1000, and $350 of it every month is just to pay property taxes (I bought a brand new house last June).

My parents moved here from Louisiana last year and couldn't believe it. They paid approx $300 a year where they were at. They also got a $75,000 exemption in that state - standard. We only get a $15k homestead exemption in Texas.

G

·
Shipwreck said:
What's everyone's property tax like? I have a mortgage payment of approx $1000, and $350 of it every month is just to pay property taxes (I bought a brand new house last June).

My parents moved here from Louisiana last year and couldn't believe it. They paid approx $300 a year where they were at. They also got a $75,000 exemption in that state - standard. We only get a $15k homestead exemption in Texas.
Wow, 350 a month :eek:

I pay 739.00 a year and think that's to high...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not knowing the size of your houses or property it's hard to say if the numbers are relative. The wife and I have more house than we need, just around 5K square ft. we pay about $2,200 per year. Colorado isn't so cheap any more..

W

·
Registered
531 Posts
The original part of my house was built around 1880. My well was drilled in 1900. My zoning is agricultural and our taxes are a little over $600.00 per year...
Think you own your property? Don't pay your taxes and see how long it takes for the Gov. to kick you off! :cry:

·
Registered
651 Posts
when I lived in ther burbs outside New York City I paid $9000 a year in Real Property tax.
Moved to Florida and I pay less than 1/3 of that and my annual rise in tax is limited by a Homestead Exemption. And no income tax.

And my Fla. house is bigger than my NY house was.

AFS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts