Handgun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Para Ordnance LDA .45. I have shot about 800 rounds with it. I have been having a recurring problem with rounds getting stuck when going from the mag to the chamber. This has happened at least 10 times. Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Have U tried another mag? different brand of ammo. Try that first. Is it on any particular round? Only when you are loading the first round yourself from the mag into the chamber?

Need more info.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
aljabar said:
I have a new Para Ordnance LDA .45. I have shot about 800 rounds with it. I have been having a recurring problem with rounds getting stuck when going from the mag to the chamber. This has happened at least 10 times. Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Thanks
Does it happen with the same magazine each time, have you tried a different magazine, is the gun clean, is your thumb off the slide stop? What ammo are you using?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's the ammo. I have been using different stuff, mostly Winchester. However, I definitely will isolate the mag next time it happens and see if that's the problem.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
1 other suggestion - new recoil spring.

all these are things to try before spending that big $ to ship the gun back.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
45 Troubles

Most problems feeding with a fairly new gun is the Mag. Stay with Winchester White Box or what ever has been shooting the best for you. If it needs springs, go to Wolff Springs. I like to buy extra mags like McCormick and try them out first. 95% of the time one or the other will cure your problem. Most factory springs & mags are cheap and have to be replaced at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts