Handgun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going tomorrow morning to have my left knee operated on for a complex tear of the meniscus. Coincidentally it is my Moms' 88th birthday, so my brother and I visited her to celebrate and then went to the sportsmens club to train a bit with our pistols.
Mark is a bit of a new guy with pistols and recently picked up a Canik that he shoots pretty well. I have a 40+ year head start on my older sibling when it comes to handguns, so he defers to my experience at the range.
To start things off I gave him a hundred rounds of precious 115 grain FMJ ammo so he didn't run himself short of more precious SD ammo practicing. Next we cured his chronic low left miss with a grip adjustment and a little less trigger finger.
I started out with a couple of magazines through my MKII Target at ten yards and as usual, I could not miss with it.
I love that gun!
I Got my GEN III 34 out and inserted a Glock 33 round magazine and put all but a few rounds in a 3" circle at 30 feet.
I cycled through a magazine of carry ammo through my G19 with the same results.
Lastly I cooled down with my Ruger Wrangler .22 LR shooting empty shotgun shells and making them fly with almost every shot.
My old eyes can still align the sights and see the target well enough to get a couple of "Wows" out of my Bro.
It was a good day.

GW

Reactions: USABAKER

·
Registered
19 Posts
How is that Canik ? I was looking at them awhile back

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is that Canik ? I was looking at them awhile back
So far it has been 100% reliable and pretty darned accurate. For a $320 +- gun I would place it above any Taurus for value and quality, but time will tell.
I wouldn't be afraid to buy one if I felt the need.

GW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts