Handgun Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would get one of these. After I put together an AR, that will be my next purchase.

http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/lasermax_internal_guide_rod_la.htm
Have you checked out the Viridian?

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/

It's a tad bit bulkier but it sure looks better! Can't wait to check it out this week.

Which make of AR are you going with? I bought a Rock River two weeks ago and they're mounting my Eotech on it Mon or Tues. Sure a lot of cool stuff out there that I'm wanting to get my paws on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Lol, I am thinking of buying a upper and lower from G&R Tactical and trying to put it together myself....... At least that is my plan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hard to do a "do it yerself"?

I'm really new to this forum and it sounds like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who can do major projects on their firearms.

I'm still into bringing my stuff to the pros. I'd rather let them break them.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My question is: If you were to do one alteration to the gun - what would you do? Tritium Sights? Porting?
I'd get a trigger job on my service model once I had my SC as my carry gun.

I'd have night sights on the SC. No other mods on carry gun as I feel it can be a liability to have a "tricked out" gun as your carry weapon. I'd never port a carry weapon either. Close quarters shooting and you've blinded yourself or gotten hit with hot gas and debris from your own gun.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Lol, I am thinking of buying a upper and lower from G&R Tactical and trying to put it together myself....... At least that is my plan.
Hard to do a "do it yerself"?

I'm really new to this forum and it sounds like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who can do major projects on their firearms.

I'm still into bringing my stuff to the pros. I'd rather let them break them.
If I can do it... anyone can...

http://www.handgunforum.net/showthread.php?t=8666 :smt023

·
Banned
0 Posts
Mating an upper and lower is pretty simple. Put the two pieces together and slide in a couple pins and done. My RRA came as a separate upper and lower in their so called "lockable case" (you can't store the assembled rifle in it, so IMO it's useless) even though I ordered the complete rifle.

JS did do one sweet build. All by himself even! :mrgreen: One of these years, when I have no other guns I want, I'll do my own build.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Todd,

I got the Springfield triger job on my XD45 Service.. It's awesome.

Zero over travel. Almost zero uptake. Short reset. Light, crisp pull...

Do it. You'll be happy.

My XD9SC is just awaiting a matching pair of Trijicons.

Picks of the XD45 mods coming.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

You can see the over-travel stop installed on the trigger bar.

JW

·
Registered
48 Posts
so how do ya'll like the subcompacts? I held one today and if felt next to nothing in my hand (granted the last gun I held was a glock 30) Do you use the extended mag when you carry it or do you use the flush mount?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I love my XD9SC for carry. I just got some new leather for it that I'm testing. It's a Dom Hume First Agent holster. So far so good. Rides a little higher nd tighter than my Galco Matrix, and it handles the X9SC and the XD45 Service fine!

Two guns, one carry holster.

Yes, I always carry with my Pearce grip ext, but with the size of my hands, it's darn near REQUIRED...

JW

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Todd is a proud new Papa... lol... 'bout time.

Lemmie post my last range visit with my XD9SC

The prettiest pictures are the results....
7M Semi-rapid fire... 10 rounds in 10-15 seconds...

JW

·
Registered
25 Posts
May I have the honor of posting the first ever XD(M)?

61 - 80 of 112 Posts