Handgun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally got the accessories for my PLR-16; Compact forend, AR-15 flash hider, ADCO Solo reflex sight, deflector charging handle & 1-point sling. Just finished mounting them today.
Before: :)

After: 8)

·
Registered
36 Posts
DC, a tad over 250 bones. $500 for the pistol, $258 shipped, for the accessories. 15-20 min. total install time. Right ammo and she will punch a hole through 1/4" steel plate at 100 yds! Big fun! For HD I keep these in the well:
:shock:

Hornady Tap FPD

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I wouldn't exactly call it the HD gun. Nightstand holds the XD-45 with X2L, one step from the bed leans the Mossy 7+1 pump, and the cabinet over the washer at the back door, holds the Hi-Point JHP45. So, the PLR probably wouldn't be the first I'd grab-but just in case it's loaded to do the job. :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I can see it being fun, but I wonder how accurate it is compared to a standard handgun. I guess in a close room situation, people just point and shoot anyway in a tense self defense situation. It might be okay :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shipwreck the PLR is pretty darn accurate with it's 9 1/2" barrel. Go here to see one owner's first range report at distance. http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=50;action=display;num=1150149393 The PLR is lightweight and very easy to handle, especially with the compact forend installed. I would not hesitate to grab it if needed. And I have an ADCO Solo reflex sight on mine for quick sight aquisition with both eyes open. But, the 12 gauge shotty would be the most effective for HD IMO. 8)

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I'm almost slightly tempted to get one, but I would wanna try 1 first to see how that caliber feels in a handgun...

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Man, I looked at this pic again when I saw someone else viewing the thread.... That guns looks so kewl with all the stuff attached to it :smt067

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Neat weapon you got there for sure.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Cool gun, but it must be pretty bloody loud. Have you fired it indoors yet? How's the muzzle flash?

It's pretty commonly accepted that .223 reaches a point of diminishing returns once you get down below about a 14.5" barrel. Have you had a chance to clock any of that TAP ammo yet?

I've seen techniques where the "pistol" is pushed out straight so the sling is taut, steadying the weapon. Is this the technique you use?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I read on another site that the internals doesn't get as dirty as an AR, and that it's also easier to clean (compared with the AR pistol).

That would be nice if Keltec made something that looked very similiar and then put an expandable stock on it.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I read on another site that the internals doesn't get as dirty as an AR, and that it's also easier to clean (compared with the AR pistol).

That would be nice if Keltec made something that looked very similiar and then put an expandable stock on it.
Well, they make the carbine version of the gun, the SU-16. They can't add a stock to the 9.5" gun, though, because it would be an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) and thus a "prohibited item" under NFA. While people in most states can own them legally, the paperwork hurdles tend to deter sales.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Well, they make the carbine version of the gun, the SU-16. They can't add a stock to the 9.5" gun, though, because it would be an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) and thus a "prohibited item" under NFA. While people in most states can own them legally, the paperwork hurdles tend to deter sales.
I know... But the SU16 isn't quite this gun. It has that fold down bipod that I hear doesn't work too well. I was talking about a carbine that looked kinda like that - But a collapsable stock, and extend whatever would be necessary to make it legal, but have it look like that overall.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Man, I was gonna link to this thread from another gun site - where someone asked about this gun. But I see ya deleted the pics. Oh well...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts