Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beauty was launched in India a few months back. It's called Raptor, a .32 semi auto. Can the experts here suggest what's wrong with it. Is there recoil spring weak or something else.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I've never heard of a Raptor, seems quite large for a .32 cal. Best to address: 1. Recoil spring 2. Extractor and 3. Magazine spring. Not necessarily in that order and might be other issues but those are the ones I'd address first.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Well, I don't know how good of an example the above is for your Raptor .32 issue. 1. They are not the same pistol, actually different animals with one being a hammer-fired and the other a striker-fired pistol.

2. It looks to me and if the poster is correct regarding his P320, it's a manufacturing defect that needs to be sent back to Sig for replacement or repair in my opinion.

Does the manufacturer have a warranty? The design looks to be based on a .45 auto, which comes sometimes with its own set of quirks. If it's a brand new pistol with brand new magazines and was properly cleaned and the lubricated best bet is to contact the manufacturer. Likewise, it also may be an ammo issue.

I'm thinking it may be a failure to feed after watching the vid again, which would lead me to suspect a magazine issue, feed ramp issue, and/or a recoil spring issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's a new company, yes. They don't tell us this but as far I know Raptor is a trade mark of a American gun manufacturer, not sure if they have anything to do with this. What they tell us is the cnc is done in Germany and assembled in India.

It looks like a 1911 but I don't know till I get one in my hands how much resembles it has to it.

In India till recently the most widely pistol caliber used was a .32. Laws have changed now, Glock and a bunch of other manufacturers are coming in with all calibers apart from a 9mm, as it's a prohibited bore.
Had my eyes on this one, don't know if I should buy it after seeing this video.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's a new company, yes. They don't tell us this but as far I know Raptor is a trade mark of a American gun manufacturer, not sure if they have anything to do with this. What they tell us is the cnc is done in Germany and assembled in India.

It looks like a 1911 but I don't know till I get one in my hands how much resembles it has to it.

In India till recently the most widely pistol caliber used was a .32. Laws have changed now, Glock and a bunch of other manufacturers are coming in with all calibers apart from a 9mm, as it's a prohibited bore.
Had my eyes on this one, don't know if I should buy it after seeing this video.
I guess you have the "Non-Military Caliber" laws? That stinks, and not sure the motivation of the things, but we all have odd regulations to live with.
I'd stay clear of any "New" production pistol or round for a while. I'd also suggest a larger bore than .32, at least the .32 ACP that we know. It is not a good round for the most part.
Happy Shopping.

Reactions: denner

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'd stay clear of any "New" production pistol or round for a while. I'd also suggest a larger bore than .32, at least the .32 ACP that we know. It is not a good round for the most part.
Agree , think I would wait for the Glock in a 380

·
Registered
96 Posts
India is not known for it's great firearms making industry or it's renowned firearms designers ...
give them a few years to get the kinks worked out !
Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts