Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I took my pf9 apart and when i tried to put it back together now the barrel will not move forward for me to put the pin back in tried for half an hour but nothing :smt076

·
Registered
244 Posts
As you install the slide to the frame, push down on the chamber part of the barrel, engage slide lock, then you can position barrel to get pin in correctly. I think it's covered in your manual?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its fixed my buddy that had the gun before got it together, i dont know what the piss i did before because i had the gun apart 50 times before and had no problems but thanks for the help

·
Registered
35 Posts
The first time I took mine apart I couldn't get the slide to line up. After I pulled the hammer back however the slide lined up easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. What would happen would is the barrel would move forward and prevent the pin from hitting the hole. When we finally got it together we started having double feeding issues like crazy so I took it apart to look at it and nothing seemed wrong. Then I shot a , multitude of ammo in with 115 g, 124, and 147 g to see if the jamming was an ammo related issue. Still the gun was jamming with ALL ammo so I took it apart to examine once more and notice the barrel kept moving backward prevent the ammo from feeding right. So just being curious I decided to only put back the biggest spring back on the guide rod instead of both and instantly it was easy as cake to put back together. I proceeded to shoot about a hundred rounds through it and not one feeding issue, where before it would jam every 3 to 4 rounds. For some reason the springs were putting to much tension on the barrel pushing it back causing the gun to be hard to put back together as well as having feeding issues.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I never had luck with my PF9, so I traded it off on the P-11. I like the P-11 better due to the larger grips and it does not seem as finicky as the PF9 I had.

·
Registered
750 Posts
As you install the slide to the frame, push down on the chamber part of the barrel, engage slide lock, then you can position barrel to get pin in correctly. I think it's covered in your manual?
THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL!!!

Just did a fluff and buff on mine and had a HELL of a time getting this sucker back together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts