Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to start by saying I also own Glocks, Colts, Ruger, and S&W as well and the gun I carry everyday is my PF9. I did alot of research on this gun before I bought it and found as many or more negative reviews as positive but I went ahead and picked it up anyways and boy im glad I did. I estimate ive now put between 600-700 rounds through it (a mix and match of all different kinds of ammo) WITHOUT one single ftf, fte, magazine drop, or problem at all. The only negative I had is the way the stock trigger pinched my finger with every shot so I went ahead and ordered an RTK Trigger and installed it the other day. Wow what a difference it made and is now completely comfortable to shoot. This Gun is small and easy to conceal, just as accurate as my bigger (and more expensive) guns, and did I mention it only cost me $259?? Picked up an extra Mag, the RTK trigger, and side mounted LaserLyte for a total package cost of just over $400. Anyhow just wanted to give the Keltec some love because of all the crap I read about them from time to time. Great little affordable gun!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Glad yours runs strong for you. I had a PF-9 for awhile, but traded it off on a P-11. I like the fatter grip of the P-11, but the PF-9 never gave me any problems. I like Kel Tec guns too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad yours runs strong for you. I had a PF-9 for awhile, but traded it off on a P-11. I like the fatter grip of the P-11, but the PF-9 never gave me any problems. I like Kel Tec guns too!
I've been looking at a P11 lately too... How much bigger is it?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
P11's are not at all large. They are considered subcompact guns. And their triggers can be tweaked as well to make them better shooters and handlers. I had one in the mid 90's and did some mild work to it to smooth it out. I carried that gun for maybe 5-6 years.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I've been looking at a P11 lately too... How much bigger is it?
Slide wise it is the same, just a fatter grip to hold 10 rounds in a double-stack format. I did order a steel guide rod from Kel Tec and an extra set of recoil springs...I prefer the steel guide rods personally and use the polymer one for a backup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts