Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this problem since I bought the pistol. Failure to feed the round completely into the chamber. On inspection of the rounds I found a scrape mark on the bullets just in front of the case. Upon inspection of the barrel I found a burr and the front of the chamber at the 8 o'clock position. Likely caused by the chambering reamer (?)

In any case the barrel is on it's way back to Kel-Tec for inspection/remedy. Be interesting to see what they have to say.

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today in the mail arrived a spanking new barrel from Kel Tec. No questions asked. I mailed the defective barrel off on 12/2. Pretty stellar service I would say.

All cartridges chamber as they should with no hang ups and no brand preference. Now I need some good weather to give it a test fire.

Ed

·
Registered
750 Posts
Today in the mail arrived a spanking new barrel from Kel Tec. No questions asked. I mailed the defective barrel off on 12/2. Pretty stellar service I would say.

All cartridges chamber as they should with no hang ups and no brand preference. Now I need some good weather to give it a test fire.

Ed
Good to hear dude just got mine Tan/tan pretty excited to try it out... What ammo are you using???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be using Hornady Critical Defense for carry (presuming it functions 100%) and ball for practice. The Hornady Critical Defense runs well in my other 9mm's plus it seems to test well. Some of the other ammo that tests well sounds good but no one seems to stock it whereas the Hornady is well distributed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts